Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HWFMR Le Mans Sponsorship: Commemoratives update

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts
Default HWFMR Le Mans Sponsorship: Commemoratives update

Hi all

Here's an update on the fringe benefits of having a car run at Le Mans.

Sponsor goodies:
We've been moving at a typical team pace, but I think you will be happy with the results.

The poster, a 22"x28" tribute to the team, is printed. I am quite pleased with the results. We owe a big thanks to Bob Chapman and Adrian Streather who donated the photography, and the Print Production Manager of my company who called in a number of favors to get it produced at a bargain basement price. I'm tempted to post it here, but I'd rather you be surprised when you open the mailing tube. But I can tell you it looks terrific framed.

The sticker for your car, tool box, headboard or beer cozy is done.

The patch for your driver's firesuit, your hat, or your jammies is being embroidered as we speak, but not due in for a few weeks.

I am now faced with sending out the poster and sticker together, and then doing another mailing with the patch, or waiting until the patch is in and doing just one mailing.

Also, does anyone know of an application that will print labels? Or how to do it in Word? I really don't want to hand address and label 110 mailing tubes. If I supply you with a word document of addresses, can you convert it to labels.

THE MINICHAMPS 1/43 MODEL OF THE TRG GT-3 RSR.

The order has been placed, and Minichamps said it was one of the largest ever for a non-class winning car.

When the models are in, I will let you know and you can call TRG directly to pay for it and arrange shipping. Hopefully there will be extras for the late requests.

Please do not PM me if you have questions on any of the above. That box fills up very quickly. Just post the question here, or ask me to PM you and I will send you my e-mail address.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If there's an extra of the model, I'd jump at the chance for a second one. Been regretting not telling you to get me two from the get-go. At least I know I'm on the board for one. Can't wait to see it.

BTW, just how many were ordered? Just curious.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:20 AM
icat
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,
My address has changed since Le Mans (actually I'm rather homeless right now). Can you change my address to go to my office?
Genesis Computer Solutions
3801 Kirby Dr., Suite 510
Houston, TX 77098
Thanks,

Not really homeless - just waiting to close on the new house next week and living at the Hilton Heights until then. Well, not REALLY the Hilton, but it is a nice set of cardboard boxes under a bridge. Not many luxuries, but it is close to work....
Old 08-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Woha.... we get all that stuff...
Old 08-05-2004, 11:30 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,255 Posts

The patch looks like a good excuse to buy a fire suit.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:49 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool !!!

Quick Reply: HWFMR Le Mans Sponsorship: Commemoratives update