Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guys with subwoofers... where do your wires go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004 | 06:54 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Default guys with subwoofers... where do your wires go?

Hey, I am in the final stages of installing my subwoofer setup.
I have got the box (homemade; sits in the cubby like KLA)
The subwoofer (polk/momo 8")
The amplifier (US Acoustics 2x100wrms)

I already have one end of the power wire coming through the grommer behind my battery into the glove box area; terminated at its fuse. I am trying to decide where to run my signal and power wires from here; and where to mount the amp. The goal is 100% invisible install on this.

I am thinking the power wire will flow down through the passenger side doorsill and into the trunk; where I will mount the amp somewhere. The signal wires I am less sure of; thinking of either bundling them with the power wires; or if I get superstitious about EMI runing them along the drive tunnel or driver side.

The amp is probably going in the driver side cubby (box in passenger side) unless someone has a more space efficient idea. The spare tire and compressor wont be leaving the car; btw.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2004 | 07:49 PM
s928s
Pro

I ran mine alonge the tunnel. easy to get too. Loosen the center console, remove the rear seatbets and the rear seat pad clips and fisf the wire through.Hereis the box i have, not really hidden. It also folds foreward to give more storage.
Attached Images   
Old 08-03-2004 | 08:27 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

I like it! very nice looking. I was approaching the center console with trepidation; but it doesnt sound like its actually all that bad.
Old 08-03-2004 | 08:35 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally Posted by patrat
Hey, I am in the final stages of installing my subwoofer setup.
I have got the box (homemade; sits in the cubby like KLA)
The subwoofer (polk/momo 8")
The amplifier (US Acoustics 2x100wrms)

I already have one end of the power wire coming through the grommer behind my battery into the glove box area; terminated at its fuse. I am trying to decide where to run my signal and power wires from here; and where to mount the amp. The goal is 100% invisible install on this.

I am thinking the power wire will flow down through the passenger side doorsill and into the trunk; where I will mount the amp somewhere. The signal wires I am less sure of; thinking of either bundling them with the power wires; or if I get superstitious about EMI runing them along the drive tunnel or driver side.

The amp is probably going in the driver side cubby (box in passenger side) unless someone has a more space efficient idea. The spare tire and compressor wont be leaving the car; btw.

Thanks!
I put my amp in the drivers rear cubby and out the sub from KLA in the passenger rear cubby. If I recall correctly I ran the power like you say through the passenger door sill and up the back seat and along the deck under the carpet to the driver cubby. I think ran the signal wire the same way but along the driver's side. I don't think you are supposed to keep the signal and power wires together as it creates interference.
Old 08-03-2004 | 08:38 PM
s928s
Pro

the console is easy, 2 screws at the rear under the lid, 2 screws under the ash tray, 2 screws on the side panels and 2 screws under thet radio pocket. the rear carpet is just glued to the hump, start in the rear center and peel it up. rear seat pad is held down by the seat belt buckels and some clips along the back edge where it meets the trunk pan then peel whatever corner up you want, its glued down from that point..
Old 08-03-2004 | 09:09 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

I just snaked it with a wire hanger.
Old 08-04-2004 | 10:41 AM
Billy W
Racer

If you bundle the power and signal wires together you run the chance of having signal interference. I ran the power wire across the engine bay into the car under the fuse box and then down the drivers side under the molding. I ran the signal wires down the passenger side under the molding. Mounted the amp with the spare tire.
Old 08-04-2004 | 12:20 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

i ran some of my wires under my center console and the other wires under the passenger side carpet...

Quick Reply: guys with subwoofers... where do your wires go?