Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your best "checking out your P-car" stories

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome stories.

One that stands out in my mind is at this year's 944Fest. We're on our 40+ 944 cruise when the caravan comes to a stop sign. A family is outside in their front yard, at least half a dozen or more enjoying their 4th of July Sunday morning. All the sudden dozens of 944s commence a bombing run by their house. Kids started cheering and adults were laughing as more than two score of 944s go roaring past their front yard.

Later at another stop, Winslow (horsepowerfarm) told us that he couldn't resist it and "threw a flame or two" at 'em as he went by. It was just so funny seeing their reaction to all of us going past their house.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

HA, at a BMW club event once, this guy (with one of the sweetest M3s ive EVER seen) came up and was like, "Damn dude, thats a nice ride. Thats a 99 right?" HAHAHA I was like hahaha! Yeah i wish dude, thats a 91! He wouldnt believe me! He said theres no possible way it could be a 91!!!! Suit yourself!

Another time...My first time at Summit Point! I was exhausted and decided after a long day to just go grab a pizza and head back to the hotel and crash early. I assume many of us know that area, but for those that dont, THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE. Walmart is the friday night spot. Well this was Saturday, so the local teens were at their other hangout...THE CARWASH!!!!! (which is next door to the Pizza Hut) HAHAHA, all the kids showing off their ricey american cars and hondas and stuff. So, i pull up to the Pizza Hut and walk in and get my food. I had just finished securing the pizza to the passenger floor and started to get in my car when this souped up Jetta-3 flies up to my side and parks! HAHAHA this dude and his girl were about to **** bricks and begged for me to roll down my window! (ok my car was DIRTY AS CRAP and still hade track numbers on etc... It looked like i ran offroad since it had rained) They were like , DUDE!!!!!!! YOU GOTTA COME OVER THERE (the spot) AND SHOW EVERYONE WHAT A REAL CAR IS!!!!!!! They all got junk man, this is a real freakin ride!!!!!!" HAHAHA, i was like sorry, i dont show it off like that, plus i gotta get some sleep! See ya! It was funny. And then i heard some Camaro doing a burnout in the distance! Yes...let me join in...

Third time- I strangely took the S2 out to dinner one night at like 12am in a ****ty part of my town. (i dont know what i was thinking) It was a quiet night and i parked infront of the restaurant so we could sit at the window table and i could monitor it. One friend wanted to smoke cigarrette so i told him ide stay outside with him so he aint alone. Like moments later these two asian guys come out of the restaurant and start scanning the S2! I guess they didnt think it was mine. They start pointing and being all excited and going back and forth and pointing stuff out allover the car! HAHA, my friend and I were like ha, i wonder what they are saying! We didnt understand a word! I wish i knew though! It was great, it lasted like 10 minutes! They went over everything!

Keep the stories coming! These are great!

HAHAHAHA OH OH OH ... one more.... I had to drive the S2 to school once, but i parked like a mile away, litereally. I had the bra on, but it started raining later. To make a long story short...

I had to leave class to take my bra off.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:35 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GOBOGIE
I drove to Ft. Collins, CO to purchase my '89 951. When I returned 3 days later and pulled in the driveway the wife says, "why did you drive all the way to CO to buy a car that looks exactly like the one you have?"

Women...
I'm tellin' Joooodyyyyy!

I was helping a friend move to A2, MI, and pulled up in front of the apt complex so she could get her keys. The school bus had just arrived and kids were all over the place. I was sitting in my car when about 4-5 12 yr olds walked past. The last one in line noticed my car and stopped dead in his tracks saying, "wow! Look guys, it's a Ferrari!" I opened the door and told them it was better than a Ferrari, it was a Porsche. Apparently they didn't realize anyone was in the car and I scared the devil out of them! They took off at a run!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:44 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was going down a 4 lane road about 45mph in the right hand lane(2 lanes in each direction, divided by a center median with some grass and light poles, etc)top off, windows down, when 2 college aged girls come flying up next to me in a 4 runner, they are wistling and screaming and what not, both leaning over to take a look, all of a sudden because they are not watching where they were going, they swerve and damn near end up in the median wrapped around a light pole.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:40 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

I was at my favorite coffee shop, (here now), and I was talking to this girl shannon that i had seen a few times before. I was just talking about how i saved myself some serious cash buy fixing something, i forgot what, and she asks "what kind of car is it?" I respond nonchalantly that is a porsche and here eyes grew twice their size!! She immedietly sprang to her feet and went outside. Then i gave her my number. That was a month ago and she is yet to call...
Old 08-03-2004, 08:36 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

End of the first week at my new job, the company had a party for an event it sponsors. Free "drinks" so of course im all over it It somehow came up that one girl was thinking of getting a ride home instead of crashing at the other girls place... I offer it, saying its cheap gas out where she lives so its two birds with one stone (obviously I didnt know at this point she had a boyfriend, so I was out for something extra too). She tells me the price of the 87 octane gas out there, and im like "Hmmmm my car takes 94, so that would be about $X/liter..." "What kinda car your drive" Me:"A Porsche 944 Turbo" "YOU DRIVE A PORSCHE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" Me:"Yup <pulls out keys>"

Then sometime back I was going through an intersection. There were a bunch of elementary school kids at the crosswalk. Im waiting for the schmoe in front of me to hurry and turn. I hear "Hey look a Porsche, wow cool sweet" etc. Its wet out... I rev it and drop the clutch spinning my tires through to third gear. Lots of screams of "COOOL" behind me LOL

And on the weekend, I did a long roadtrip to visit some friends. I pick one up and were heading to her b/fs house (my other friend) and were driving through soem hole of a farming town. She says "Brian, almost everyone on the street is staring at your car... Thats not why you bought it right?" Me:"Hell no thats not the reason, I dont mind tho!" She declared many times that weekend that it was the funnest car ride shed ever had.

And many times of kids staring at my car from their moms van, or waving, or people giving the thumbsup. I usually respong with a wave, honk, rev, or downshift and punch it

Ive also had many people walk up to me in the parking lot and simply start talking to me and asking me questions. A few have been past owners, PCA members, etc. Most are just curious bystanders. Few believe that a 19 year old bought a Porsche himself... Even fewer believe me when I tell them how much it cost me. Several have asked when she was repainted... Then get googleeyed when I say never, this is the original 86 paint, with 205000 miles.

Ive had quite a few actually....
Old 08-03-2004, 09:22 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

Those are some pretty good stories. I have a couple. I was sitting at a light once and a couple kids on bikes yelled "cool car!". About 3 weeks ago, I heard some kids walk past my house while the car was in the driveway, one of them saying "Man, I love that car". I was also sitting at a light once and noticed most of the guys on the school bus next to me were staring and smiling, I tend to downshift when passing school buses on the highway now.
The last story that I have I found a little strange. I was at a gas station and notice a kid looking at my car from his moms van, definitely between 10-12 years old. As the minivan starts to pull away the kids mother yells "My son wants to know if that's an '83." I replied yes and stood there wondering how in the hell the kid knew that.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:32 PM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by pearldrum944
As the minivan starts to pull away the kids mother yells "My son wants to know if that's an '83." I replied yes and stood there wondering how in the hell the kid knew that.
That's easy - no power steering leaks!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:49 PM
CJF
Advanced

I only have one P-car story so far, but that won't stop me from sharing. I've noticed that my 944 is a magnet, but unfortunately it appeals mostly to 17 year-old boys. I told a female friend how much this specific demographic seems to like it and upon cue, after we parked at a mall, a group of eight boys rushed up saying, "Nice car! Wow, a Porsche!" Then, she believed me.

My best M3 story was the night that I took it to fill up at the local gas station. The young guy filling up my car came to the window and said, "Does this thing really haul *ss?" Unfortunately, just as he said *ss, his voice cracked and he dropped the nozzle. Ahhh, puberty!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:18 PM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Wrecksimple03
someday ill have to take some of you for a ride...usually on the freeway i get the funniest looks ever..."what is that dude driving that car?!?"...its like they just got shocked in the stomache with a tazer hahaha
Wrecksimple03,

Why are people so shocked to see you in a 944?
Old 08-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

11PM at night. I'm on my way to work for a graveyard shift. The parking lot in front of my hotel had just finished some kind of big demo for Singapore airlines, and they left a big white & blue tent in the middle of the parking lot. Just big enough to fit a car under. So that's where I park the car.

Later on that morning, one of the really really cute bartender chicks is leaving, and I'm walking to her car with her.. she notices the red 951 under the tent and gasps..

her: "THAT is a f'kn cool car!"
me: "Thanks"
her: "Oh my god, you drive a Ferrari???"

LOL
Old 08-04-2004, 01:56 AM
miyagikarate
Advanced

hehe.. nice parking spot.. always got to look for the good ones.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:18 AM
Wrecksimple03
Addict
Rennlist Member

Why are people so shocked to see you in a 944?
well...im only about 16...and of coarse its a porsche right...so its extremely expensive and fast...right? right?
Old 08-04-2004, 03:29 AM
ljd-924SE
Racer

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
random jap car: "dude, thats the slow porsche huh?"
Me: "depends on what you call slow"
Random jap car: "light it up when the light turns green!"
Me: "Nope"
~Eyal

nicely done!

next time, tell him if he wants to find out how quick the porsche is he can come to a DE. of course, then you'll have to go to all the trouble of explaining to him what organized circuit racing is.

nevermind. next time, just spit on his car and "smoke 'em."

i'm so ashamed to have just made that quote.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:58 AM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurt
One that stands out in my mind is at this year's 944Fest. We're on our 40+ 944 cruise when the caravan comes to a stop sign. A family is outside in their front yard, at least half a dozen or more enjoying their 4th of July Sunday morning. All the sudden dozens of 944s commence a bombing run by their house. Kids started cheering and adults were laughing as more than two score of 944s go roaring past their front yard.
Man, I had almost forgotten about that. It was EXTREMELY cool. I was back of the pack, right in front of John D, and we could hear the screams and cheering while we were stopped for the Stop sign and could see everyone turning left and barreling up the hill. Great story.

When I still had the 928S we stayed at an upscale hotel in Cincinnati New Years Eve night and were waiting the next morning for the valets to bring the car around. As it was close to the deadline time for checkout (had to sleep off the hangover ) it was quite crowded and a lot of people were waiting for their cars, and it was quite a parade of luxury, special interest and just plain NICE cars coming through. It had been relatively quiet (New Years morning, you know), but when they brought my car, there were suddenly many "oohs" and "aahs" and one woman said, "Now THAT'S my car!". I was feeling so proud as I got in, especially as my car got all the comments and there were so many other nice cars coming through. But as we were settling in and I was moving the seat back to my, and not the valet's position, they brought a new Aston Martin through and the lady who creamed over my car got in it with who I assumed was her husband, all the while still gawking at my car. It was a great compliment. I wonder if she (or he, for that matter) ever eventually got a 928?

I really miss that car........

Last edited by Wade B; 08-04-2004 at 04:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Post your best "checking out your P-car" stories