Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody familiar with Rayco Eurospec Motorcars in PA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like someone just discovered the internet, congratulations.

Originally Posted by rayco
So you are concerned that someone "moved" your seat? Sometimes a 6'3" mechanic doesn't fit in the seat of a 5 foot driver. As far as the mileage, cars need to be driven after work is performed to make sure all is well with the work. I don't really think they take customer cars joy riding considering the inventory that is available to drive everyday..
Old 11-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 409 Posts

So you are concerned that someone "moved" your seat? Sometimes a 6'3" mechanic doesn't fit in the seat of a 5 foot driver. As far as the mileage, cars need to be driven after work is performed to make sure all is well with the work. I don't really think they take customer cars joy riding considering the inventory that is available to drive everyday..
Go get 'em, Tiger!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
rayco
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid, no. Sorry to join so late, but i do not own a Porsche so I would have no reason to look at this list. The reason I am on here now is because google just changed what they are including in the search results... And this list comes up right under our listing. Looks real good for business. So far I've learned that we pissed off a client who wanted to supply his own parts.. And we moved the seat of another.... I guess we ARE stupid.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not our fault that rennlist shows up under your listing on google... if you didn't make a wrong in the first place this thread would never exist.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hilarious.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 AM
aljolyn
Instructor

Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Stupid, no. Sorry to join so late, but i do not own a Porsche so I would have no reason to look at this list. The reason I am on here now is because google just changed what they are including in the search results... And this list comes up right under our listing. Looks real good for business. So far I've learned that we pissed off a client who wanted to supply his own parts.. And we moved the seat of another.... I guess we ARE stupid.

Let's see.

You drug up a 6 year old thread and blamed Google, then berated the poster/client.

Jury's still out. Stupid or unprofessional. Could go either way.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman

Jury's still out. Stupid or unprofessional. Could go either way.
or both...
Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

And we moved the seat of another.... I guess we ARE stupid.
If you haven't learned that how you treat people can change them from customers to non-customers, and word gets around, then I agree with you

See, one kind of business would have made things right. They operate under the old saying, "The customer is always right (even when the customer is wrong")

For example, the 2-yr old post to which you are responding - back at the original point of sale, one type of business would have done the timing belt check/retension for free, even though he could not prove that he was verbally told it was going to be free. It's a bit of the mechanic's time, no parts cost to rayco. And you would have a satisified (miost likely return) customer. Instead, you get complaints, and the moving the seat (which is the least of the issues) is just one more thing added to a list of things.

Another kind of business blames the customer.

So what kind of business are you?

BTW, that was a rhetorical question.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:52 PM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 944Ross
...and the $250 charge for re-tension ...
And that was mid-nineties money... But to be fair, there was an oil change included with the $250.

...So far I've learned that we pissed off a client who wanted to supply his own parts.. And we moved the seat of another.... I guess we ARE stupid.
If that's all you've learned then yes, you are stupid and you deserve the struggling business you now find yourself with.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 849 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by thewerxracing
Wait, was it the Red 944 turbo they were selling? ^Nevermind- Must have missed that post. I live about five minutes from the dealership. I know the stories of the locals. And yeah, Rayco kinda stinks.
I bought that 944 turbo in Feb of '09 after I got back from Afghanistan, so I've had a couple years of experience with Rayco and my experience has been wholly positive. They performed some expensive maintenance on my 944 and went out of their way to accomodate my schedule and needs. They were also very accomodating on some changes I needed made to the car before accepting delivery. They perform all the maintenance on my cars, regardless of make and model, and I'm planning on visiting them again in the not too-distant future when I'm ready to buy again.

Quick Reply: Anybody familiar with Rayco Eurospec Motorcars in PA?