Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A belated "Guten Tag" from a noob (Pics, too)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004 | 10:48 PM
boffam
Advanced

Default A belated "Guten Tag" from a noob (Pics, too)

It has been a month but i have finally put together some pics of my new S2 for all of you to (hopefully) enjoy.I have learned a bunch from all of you already, and I will be able to apply some of this knowledge once I pick up a multimeter. So, thanks.

The car has been everything I hoped it would be, and more. The more being that little bit of oversteer that keeps things interesting. I have put in a new head unit for the stereo, but that's it. I plan on putting in a KLA subwoofer and a more aggressive exhaust in the next year, but that's it for actual mods. I hope to do some DE and track days next summer so I am saving my shekels for the extra maintenance.

Here are a few pics:

The rims are from a 2000 Carrera. I think they look great...and I have not seem another 944 with them on.

The interior: the wood has grown on me!

You can see Butzi's better half in the background:

One reason the 944 is the sports car for me:

Sorry, no pic of the week's worth of groceries, hockey equipment, or topsoil in the hatch area!

Thanks for looking!
Old 07-26-2004 | 10:55 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

wow!!! that is one nice car!! I just love the color!
and the interior is awesome....I really like the shift boot!
awesome car man!
Old 07-26-2004 | 11:03 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the wheels, Are they 17" or 18"? They look like 18's.
Does the car seat fit well? I'm trying to find one that fits back there. My little girl loves my S2 but I don't want her to ride in it without a proper car seat.
Old 07-26-2004 | 11:13 PM
sweanders
Race Director

It looks brand new!!!

How many mile on it, and what option codes does it have on the sticker?
Old 07-26-2004 | 11:26 PM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

The rims are from a 2000 Carrera. I think they look great...and I have not seem another 944 with them on.
Funny you should say that because I too think they look great,and before today I have not seen another car with those wheels either (see sig)

BTW the car looks great S2

Eon S.
Old 07-26-2004 | 11:43 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Wow! Your car is immaculate! Very nicely done!
Old 07-27-2004 | 12:23 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

boffam did you have to put spacers on the car to make those centercaps fit correctly in the front? I assume you have the plastic concaved centercaps with the 3 prongs on the back.

Eon S.
Old 07-27-2004 | 11:06 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks great!
Old 07-27-2004 | 11:18 AM
boffam
Advanced

Campeck -- Thanks! The colour is Linen Metallic. I am hoping it will help me to fly below the police radar. The shift boot came from a company in Florida called AGLA. I don't know if they are still in business but in 1999 their number was 1-800-780-4500. The leather on it is amazing...buttery soft but elephant hide thick.

944Pete -- The wheels are 17". The car seat fits perfectly. It is 3 or 4 years old, though, and the more recent ones I have looked at (so we can have a car seat in both cars) are a lot bulkier along the bottom at the back and so do not fit a 944. I ask you, do kids today really need armrests and cupholders in their booster seats?

Sweanders -- It has 73,000 miles on it (it was a California car up until about 5 years ago). I'll have to look up the option codes again tonight, but they are nothing exciting...leather, sunroof. No sport suspension, sadly, but the previous owner told me that a previous owner had installed an M030 rear sway bar. At least one of the previous owners was pretty well-heeled (duh, the car was $45,000 new)...they had installed a Viper alarm with remote keyless entry (YESSSS!), a handsfree phone (though I do not know how to activate it!), inflatable lumbar support, an amazing set of Infinity 4X6 speakers, the 996 wheel and tire package (sadly the rear Michelin Pilot Sports are nearly bald and they will be mucho dinero to replace P255/40ZR17). The guy who imported it from California was apparently transferred to Toronto...and he had an aftermarket drivers seat heater installed before making the trip!

NeedPorscheSpeed -- The pics flatter the car to be honest, but for 15 years old, it is in really great condition. People are amazed that it is a 1989. I was not expecting this, but I am like a total celebrity driving this car around. Everyone points and stares and gives thumbs up. One time we were sitting in a restaurant near the window so the car was in full view in the parking lot. I could not believe it but fully 1/2 of passersby stopped, pointed, tugged their companions sleeves, looked in the car. And not just young guys: little kids, old women, everybody. That Porsche mystique, I guess. I get none of this in the Bimmer...

Eon S. -- We are brothers in rims. The 968 bits look awesome on your car. Too bad the 968 was never offered in Linen Metallic! There don't seem to be spacers behind the fronts but I am not even sure what to look for and I haven't had the wheels off yet. The caps are concave but I thought they were metal. I'll have to double-check that. They do have two small holes in them.
Old 07-27-2004 | 11:22 AM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

Absolutely stunning! Dal
Old 07-27-2004 | 01:02 PM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Nice 968 clock.
Old 07-27-2004 | 01:07 PM
boffam
Advanced

^The clock may have come with the wood dash package. It does not work, and I pulled the assembly below the radio out and the wires (4 or 5 of them plus a light bulb) were just lying there all disconnected. I am not sure how to hook it back up but I am probably going to toss the whole thing because the digital clock in the dash does work (tho' it didn't when I picked up the car, whereas the cruise control worked on the way home but not since...go figure).

Anyone have any creative ideas on what can be stuck in this space?

Quick Reply: A belated "Guten Tag" from a noob (Pics, too)