Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator, regulator, battery etc?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pete, I figured I would have to take out the PS belt... Thanks for the pointers. I need to get over my jet lag and dive into this project ASAP, because I really want my father to see the results. He usually drives this car, and the Spanish TÜV office equivalent weren't impressed with the Sylvania sealed beams at the last inspection.

IceShark, your parcel reached me intact. In fact, you packed it so well with the peanuts and the spacer board, that when I opened it I thought there were just the bulbs, but then I noticed the extra space below and found your super duper wiring harness!

Thanks for the advice on the belts. I believe they were changed back in '99, when I bought the car, but it wouldn't hurt to replace them if I can swing it, since I don't have much time!
Old 07-11-2004, 04:24 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! Yeah, that spacer board/false bottom has confused more than one guy into wondering where the rest of the kit was.

Funny story at the expense of a Canadian Rennlister. I don't think he will mind my repeating it. He got home from a family funeral, was tired from travel, had other things on his mind and there was the box at the door. He opened it and wrote me that I forgot to include the wiring harness. Well, I had the shipping weight so knew either I packed some rocks in his box or the harness was in there when I shipped. So I told him to pick the "empty" box up and see if it felt empty. Sure enough, he figured it out.

Your father is going to be pretty impressed with the lighting change. Trust me.

Quick Reply: Alternator, regulator, battery etc?