Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Cable Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004 | 08:24 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Default Battery Cable Update

The first battery cable offer was sold out in 4 days over the 4th of July. I've got minimum order quantities for components which I'm not happy about but may be able to snag a few more fuses and make the problem go away.

That would open up another 25 slots. In any event, stuff is not going to be complete until sometime in August. Due to BH production of the fiberglass 5/8" sleeve. Seems strange, but I'm the biggest buyer in the world. So we get our own run. Maybe we should have little Porsche Crests printed on it?

Anyway, some more people can get in if this pulls off. I don't know what the final price will turn out to be, but it shouldn't be out of reason vs. the last cost of $200 prior to shipping. Anyone that was waiting for the price to send in money is left out on the list. 200 or 270, who cares. It is what it is.

Regards,

Dan
Old 07-09-2004 | 05:00 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

mbonner, your check came in today. You are all set as two other guys haven't sent in deposits yet. I have told another Rennlister he could have a chance at an open spot. He gets the second slot.

I really hate this allocation business. On the headlight packages I had to do this. It is first in line and money up front. End of story.

I may be able to expand the build for those other two guys, but as far as you are concerned, you have a full package. And I really like whom I'm sending it to, crazy story and all. Tell the wife to calm down after the install.
:lol:
Old 07-09-2004 | 12:32 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Not to hijack, but since this is Iceshark headlight kit related, I just wanted to say that sure enough, the kit was waiting for me when I got to Barcelona, thanks!

Now I have to figure out how to get it installed, but the instructions seem pretty comprehensive. Does the alternator need to come out on non turbo cars, like the 944S2?

Regards, and thanks again for working with me on the shipping. Everything was superbly packed and crossed the pond like a charm.
Old 07-09-2004 | 04:35 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Luis, glad it came in good shape. The government postal people are actually better than you would first think. Especially on international. See that bar code on the customs sticker? It really is worthless but all the regular postal employees think it is some magical tracking number that will get them fired if they mess with the box.

I've never worked on an S2 so can't say if you have enough room to pull and replace the voltage regulator with the alternator in place. I think you do from comments others have sent me. But be carefull about the brushes on the voltage regulator. They are made of some composit copper/carbon and who knows what else material. They are brittle and can snap in half with little persuasion.

You are going to love the results!

Quick Reply: Battery Cable Update