Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster beats ass

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004 | 04:52 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

The Boxster S does the sprint to 60 in 5.7 seconds.

The standard non-S Boxster does it in 6.4 seconds.

Not too shabby.
Old 06-30-2004 | 04:52 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Rock
So do my Adidas SS2G's
Yeah, but you need to take way too many steroids for that. My car is bone stock.
Old 06-30-2004 | 05:18 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

I like the Boxster except that it is a convertible . . . my plan is to drive a 944 another ten years and by then the soon-to-be-released Boxster hardtops will be affordable...

(I take it everyone has seen pics of the upcoming Boxster that looks like a chop-top 911)... Seriously, how cool is that - a mid-engine, flat-six Porsche with a real roof that is daily-driver reliable and (comparatively) affordable? Any other mid-engine cars in its segment?!?! Heaven to me!
Old 06-30-2004 | 05:29 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

I love everything about the Boxster except the menopwozzzzzil hags driving them who think they are are still 35, look 25, and pork like 15.

OK. That was a tinge off color. The point is, why does SW Ohio have a predispositioned influx of mid 50ish ladies who still wear their hair long and dress at the Gap and go to the tanning booth all day and end up looking like a shriveled *******. Then hop in their Boxster and think they look good.

There ought to be a rule about putting the top down. Like you have to be a solid 7 or something. Hell, even a six with upward mobility.
Old 06-30-2004 | 05:48 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

The words of today are predispositioned, influx, menopwozzzzzil ..... *******
Old 06-30-2004 | 06:06 PM
tcmdocs944
Instructor

I too really like the boxter....hardtop.

They will probably drop significantly once they start to break. You know what mechanic bills are like these days.

I wonder how hard it will be to get manuals by then? I have heard bad stories about factories no longer wanting to release things like that.

Back on topic....

Yes, some boxter drivers are ********......BUT..

Some are predispositioned and some are menopwozzzzzil but are all of them ********?
Old 06-30-2004 | 06:07 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Yes.
Old 06-30-2004 | 06:24 PM
buckshot
Addict
Rennlist Member

MY WIFE WHO BY THE WAY IS 45 AND IS NOT A MENAOPWIZZWHATEVER LIKE YOU SAID, DRIVES AN 01 BOXSTER TIP. HANDLING IS FANTASIC, BUT OFF THE LINE MY 89 S2 IS A BIT QUICKER... JUST FOR YOUR INFO, NOT EVERY
WOMAN THAT DRIVES A BOXSTER IS ONE OF THOSE MEN0WHATEVERS,
I WOULD PUT HER AGAINST A LOT OF WANNABE KID DRIVERS ON A ROAD COURSE AND SHE WOULD KICK @##
HAVE FUN!
BUCKSHOT WI
Old 06-30-2004 | 06:33 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Faces like catcher's mitt's. I have seen them. UD- spot on.

I SWEAR, Faces like catcher's mitts. I'm sure it's a local anomalie, but from 400 feet away they look almost approachable, any closer they look like very worn pole dancers who cashed in their "I was gonna go to school 15 years ago on the singles I got from drunk guys" cash and leased a Boxster.

Frightening.
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:17 PM
Darth Coupe
Burning Brakes

My wife, 27, loves her 97 Boxster, more so than her 951. I got to drive it at Mid-OH after the clutch went and it handles great, kept up with those in White with no problem in stock form. And for those that still have doubts, here is what she did in it last weekend:
Coming up on a 911

And the Result

Sorry, had to post pics and go yesterday, these should be a little smaller.

Last edited by Darth Coupe; 07-01-2004 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:31 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

C924S

We're speaking of only the local product base in the greater metropolitan Dayton/Cincinnati area. Due to the varying climate conditions throughout the country, Haggonators can only take root where theres nothing else to do but go to the tanning booth (no real sun like Florida), spend all day at Wal-Mart Garden Center (no real outdoor activities like Colorado), and drive around in circles all day because theres no PCH (like California). What you end up with is a a wrinkled female who wears those bigass goo-goo glasses and puts on the hump-me-pumps even if shes just going to Staples for some memo pads.

Honest to God true story. About 5 weeks ago I was in OfficeMax buying some diploma frames. Some ol Granny got out of her Miata and walked in right before and looked as if she was preparing to do the Forbidden Dance somewhere inside. If her wardrobe had been any skimpier I would have seen gristle.
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:44 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

I came upon a Boxster S one night just after getting done installing my VItesse Stage 2 kit, and I was actually doing the test driving. My car looked like *** because I hadn't gotten around to working on aesthetics -so I had my mirrors off and no rear spoiler on (was in the process of painting and installing 968 mirrors and spoiler), so my car looked like a 924. I was running 18psi though, and i pulled on that boxster like it was in reverse....the look on that dudes face was awesome.
Old 06-30-2004 | 08:24 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by ECUdooberhead
I came upon a Boxster S one night just after getting done installing my VItesse Stage 2 kit, and I was actually doing the test driving. My car looked like *** because I hadn't gotten around to working on aesthetics -so I had my mirrors off and no rear spoiler on (was in the process of painting and installing 968 mirrors and spoiler), so my car looked like a 924. I was running 18psi though, and i pulled on that boxster like it was in reverse....the look on that dudes face was awesome.
And then there was a bend in the road and you were sad.

All of you that havent should drive a boxster.
Old 06-30-2004 | 08:35 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

?????
we went on a spirited driving tour, there were two or three boxsters...i could not stand being behind this boxter because he was so frigging slow! Sometimes he would floor it to catch up to the line of cars that was quickly pulling away, and i would still find myself riding the brakes to keep my nose out of his little mechanical wing. I finally went around him, and he couldnt even touch me in the twisties. Could it be his little boxster just didnt have it, or was it him, maybe he didnt have a hair....

i like boxsters, but ill keep my 44 til i can afford something better.
Old 06-30-2004 | 08:42 PM
Predator
Pro

M-m-m-m, I like Boxsters......... taste like chicken!

Quick Reply: Boxster beats ass