Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking Valve Stem Caps

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 08:26 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Locking Valve Stem Caps

Ok, I just got these in the mail:

http://www.spin-caps.com/main.php3?p...3Fcat%3D301150

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the type of cap, I got the full knurled type.

I'll probably stick with them since I can't get any exact answers out of Paul after 3 tries on the Brazil caps and if they will fit on my stainless steel stems and look right.

Up side is they are only $6.67 including shipping anwhere in the world for the set and two keys. Without the key, they would take a thin snap ring pliers to unscrew without damaging which the little bastard thieves will likely not have. OD is 11mm and total length is 14.5mm. They are aluminum so will match an alloy wheel better on color than chrome and they weigh about nothing.

Down side is they are not anodized. So do a home anodize in sulfuric acid or just spray with clear coat, which I'm doing now. They don't have the bling bling Porsche crest, but I don't care. I just want something that looks nice that the little bike bastards won't be able to steal very easy ever other week.

I have no relationship with this outfit other than I just bought a set of caps. Ordered on 21st and they showed up on 25th. There are other style caps if you page back.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:39 PM
944T4ME
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iceshark, I replied to you yesterday. I said the diameter is an ordinary size, slightly bigger than any normal cap. I also said they would look good on your car.

Sorry for any troubles, but I have not been able to sit down and read rennlist thoroughly, due to my not having a computer due to extreme hd crash. I have only been able to come on for a few minutes at a time at friends houses or school. Sorry.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:01 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul, just give the caps you bought for Damian to him and he can explain them to me. The deal is I have BBS RS rims with valve stems you don't normally see. They are heavy duty racing ones. So the cap dimensions start to make a difference as to whether they will even fit.

I still might get in on your group buy but I'm getting so many spare parts laying around I'd like to cut down on the chaff before hand. I have a 3 foot cube box filled with all sorts of free samples from the researching of the headlight, battery cable, and bulb projects. I don't know what to do with it and hate to throw away. I just don't want to add to it free samples or misc inexpensive things I thought might be neat until I saw them, like your valve caps.

Quick Reply: Locking Valve Stem Caps