Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Formal Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004 | 01:11 AM
ckathens
Drifting

Default My Formal Introduction

I've been hanging around and getting some great advice from people here for a couple of weeks now, but I thought that now that i finally have digital photos up, i'd introduce myself. I live in San Francisco, i'm a law student, and I just bought my '83 944 to restore in my free time (not daily driver b/c gf has a car and much easier to take train!).

I put up some pics for my friends to view at: http://home.comcast.net/~ckathens/index.html

But i'll add one or two here... Obviously my 944 needs ALOT of interior work but the thing runs great and has a new paint job (which, unfortunatly, already has been chipped by a small accident but... oh well...)

And my lovely interior:

Keep in mind these are all pics from a couple of weeks ago, the day after she was dropped off by a little stark in front of our house.. Obviously this is a big interior restoration project but i'm already off to a good start with the new door panels and center console... Look forward to working with ya'll!

-Steve
Old 06-24-2004 | 01:16 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

don't you just hate once you take the rug out from those door sill clips it never goes back right? i'm about to take superglue to it if people dont have a better idea.
Old 06-24-2004 | 01:18 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome and have fun
Old 06-24-2004 | 01:27 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool neighborhood. Typical San Francisco. Probably half a million dollar 1500sq ft homes on that street? If you can make it in SF, you can live like a king just about anywhere else. I salute you man. My uncle lives in a shack in San Jose and Im sure he paid 600,000 for it. Crazy prices out there. You simply cant beat the weather and things-to-do though. Or the burritos.
Old 06-24-2004 | 02:08 AM
ckathens
Drifting

Cool neighborhood. Typical San Francisco. Probably half a million dollar 1500sq ft homes on that street? If you can make it in SF, you can live like a king just about anywhere else. I salute you man. My uncle lives in a shack in San Jose and Im sure he paid 600,000 for it. Crazy prices out there. You simply cant beat the weather and things-to-do though. Or the burritos.
Yah it is amazingly expensive here -- I'm from Minneapolis originally so it still seems severely overpriced. That being said, we rent for the time being until I can graduate and start making some cash. My guess is the place is worth $550k+. But at least it has a two car garage so I can work on the 944 indoors.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I appreciate it.
Old 06-24-2004 | 02:30 AM
brad-cam
Burning Brakes

Welcome to the board Steve. Big 944 ride this Saturday starting in Santa Rosa. Let me know if you want details !
Old 06-24-2004 | 02:38 AM
ckathens
Drifting

Brad-

Saw your msg before and I was thinking about attending but... I had to change out the thermofan switch so the 944 is up on jacks with the fan out, the center console has been taken out for cleaning and fixing, and there's no insurance on it right now...

I am for sure interested in doing this in the future though - I was really excited to see the NorCal post! I'll be watching for future events.
Old 06-24-2004 | 02:59 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ckathens
My guess is the place is worth $550k+.
Lets see Ocean blvd, looks like west of 19 Ave, I can't see the cross street sign in the picture. You have a yard and the houses across the street look like stand alones. Double that estimate to 1 millon plus. That is prime SF real estate.

Caltrain to where, Stanford or Santa Clara? Good luck in law. welcome to the list and perhaps I will see you on one of our get togethers.

Jon
Old 06-24-2004 | 11:30 AM
ckathens
Drifting

Lets see Ocean blvd, looks like west of 19 Ave, I can't see the cross street sign in the picture. You have a yard and the houses across the street look like stand alones. Double that estimate to 1 millon plus. That is prime SF real estate.
You are correct on the location there. Except the homes on my immediate block are not stand-alones. Still, we love it here and hope to be able to afford to buy this place someday. We're just a couple of blocks from the Lake and about 3/4 mile from the ocean.

Caltrain to where, Stanford or Santa Clara? Good luck in law. welcome to the list and perhaps I will see you on one of our get togethers.
Actually i'm at University of San Francisco (tied in rankings with Santa Clara right now) so I jsut take Muni in. I'm sure you'll see me at some of the get togethers, just as soon as I can do a little more work on the car and get some insurance. Hope to see you there too!
Old 06-24-2004 | 01:29 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

A million bucks would buy you 7,000sq and a five car garage in Ohio. Of course youd make less here.
Old 06-24-2004 | 03:48 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Welcome to the board, ckathens!

Old 06-24-2004 | 04:33 PM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by UDPride
A million bucks would buy you 7,000sq and a five car garage in Ohio. Of course youd make less here.
Yeah but do they have dentists back there? You need some work dude!

Quick Reply: My Formal Introduction