Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic 9 seats—opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2024, 11:50 PM
grandmas951
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Classic 9 seats—opinions wanted

Hello all, I'm in need of some new seat covers for my 951, and it appears that the only manufacturer that actually matches the LQ "light grey" color code is Classic 9. I've received a sample from them and it's a perfect match for color. I've also received samples from World Upholstery, which doesn't have a match for light grey, and chatted with GAHH, which also doesn't have a match for light grey. I even checked Zoomzoomzoom-ing on ebay, and they don't seem to offer the light grey color. I'm also aware of the Only944 seats, but I'd really like the leather facings because vinyl makes me sweaty in my experience.

To match the original style of the seat, with vinyl sides/back with leather facings, I asked for a sample of both vinyl and perforated leather from Classic 9. The leather is thinner than what's currently on the seat. The current, badly torn leather is 1.2mm thick, the sample from World Upholstery is similar, whereas the sample from Classic 9 is 0.9mm thick. This looks and feels thin to me.

Classic 9 has not responded to multiple emails or calls in an effort to find out more about the quality of the leather they use before I purchase. The covers aren't cheap, so I just want to be sure before ordering. A previous item I ordered from them for a different also took quite a long time with almost no communication from them.

So what's everyone else's experience? Are you happy with your Classic 9 seats? Have they worn well over time? Are they terrible at communication for everyone? Thanks for your thoughts! This is my first post here!
Old 06-01-2024, 12:58 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

my go to great company
Old 06-01-2024, 06:15 PM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

They recovered my seats and E-brake about three or four years ago, and did a great job. I contacted them later for some more work and had the same communication problem you mentioned, so I decided against it. If I recall, there was some turnover in staffing that might have accounted for that, but I'm not certain.

Quick Reply: Classic 9 seats—opinions wanted