Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944fest Volunteer thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 04:30 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

OK then! It sounds like (no pun intended) Fish has the hardware portion of the sound system covered. Chris, I'd knight you "Sir mix-a-lot" but I figure we'll just load up some MP3s and let it run, not much glory in DJ-ing a preset 8 hour mix. OK, I'm going to check off the audio portion of my list..
Old 06-20-2004, 05:10 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally posted by FSAEracer03
Harry, how about this... you help me get into HWFMR and it's a done deal. We can either switch cars, or you can just take Lorelei out for a spin, whatever. I'd be more then happy to accomidate a fellow RL'er

Speaking of which... I have a "drive in..." story that will make most cry. BUT, I will refrain from it, in fear of rejection, until I take pictures of said car on Monday when I get back to work with the camera hehehehe
Kevin,

well you have to have a story. the more humbling, embarasing and most importantly funnier the storry, the better. that and you have to fax pleanty of beer to the team captains

i cant get you in per say, as its at the team captians disgression.. but i will definitly give you my backing and any help i can give

the 912 will definitly not be out on the driving tour.. carb hell is taking its toll. she's running even richer, back firing even more, and you can even get a whiff of fuel when you open the rear deck lid. im thinking i need to rebuild these things before they start an engine fire. that and the exhaust leak is getting worse... and the heads might just need retorqued a bit too.

needless to say, this means the engine is comming out in a week or so. this way i can put a different exhaust on it, and torq the heads. i think ill order the rebuild kit this week and have the carbs out by friday.. saturday remove engine, take off exhaust, remove the rocker arms, retorque heads, reassemble rocker arms, put a different exhuast on, and bolt her back in and hook everything back up.

needless to say, ill be lucky if she can make 44 fest... and if she does i need to baby her, as with my luck, ill blow the damn thing up before i can even start the trip to cali
Old 06-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Harry- 2 words. - Fuel Injection.
I love ya borther.. jus teasing.
I look forward to the familiar sight of a gasping '12'er in my rear view!

Wade and I were talking about you- it's all GOOD!

No harm, no foul. I can do a DJ set list remote baby.

I have the power and all those great internet tools..
Old 06-20-2004, 11:38 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

well, i could get fully rebuilt solex carbs with new everything, bored and new butterflies too.. 700 bucks. or i could get new webbers... 700 bucks. if i had the money id get solex's.. original carbs, and much better than anything else.

needless to say if i do that, it means no california.. like hell!

so.. rebuilding the delortos.

chris.. so is that what a 912 looks like when its givin all its got
Old 06-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep- Harry- that's the 912 at full bore pic.. You hadnt started waving the white flags yet.
BTW- you started getting smaller in the mirror after this ..
Old 06-21-2004, 02:41 AM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Dan, Fishey, I offered earlier, but is there now any need for power amplifiers to run Fishey's said speakers?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:15 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Mike, It sounds like Fishey is all set for the audio system. Thanks for the offer!

I'm still looking for a fireworks volunteer from somebody coming from one of the unrestricted fireworks states!! (KY, TN maybe?)
Old 06-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that would be us atlanta and SC folks...we pass through tenn....( i think :?)

haha..here I am volunteering and stuff and Im still not POSITIVE that I'm going...lol
Old 06-21-2004, 01:29 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I saw my name mentioned. Since the fest is local to me I may have family festivities to attend as well so perhaps someone else could be the official video gatherer. I may be in and out a few times at the fest and plan to grab video and will probably make a ditty of the footage, but it would be better to have someone who is going to be there all day and night to be the official guy.

I tried to get a hold of the chick whos in charge of the Wheels section of the Dayton Daily News to write a story w/pics. She never got back with me on it. Shed rather write about a father and son sharing their relationship over a restored 1956 Bellaire that "brought the family closer together" I guess.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that volvo4life is doing the video. He lives right next to me and he also did one of the video's last year. Expecially now with the cammera mounts! However, I would wait untill he post to make it offical
Old 06-21-2004, 07:06 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harry... well, if you want to drive a 951, I'll still be happy to help out with that (I mean, ****, this IS the volunteer thread, right??). Don't feel used though if I mention you in my application! I'll be applying soon enough... and I think I might just have that story for the guys AND a video to accompany it. It involves racing, but not Porsches... I'm hoping they'll get a chuckle out of it and let me in
Old 06-21-2004, 07:43 PM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i'll release an unofficial version of the fest video just like last year... that way theres no pressure on me if it doesn't rock. :-P
Old 06-21-2004, 08:18 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Hey V4Life.. come on, man.. step up to the plate!! There is no need for TWO seperate vids of the event. If you want to be the official guy, lets go with it. I highly doubt your film will suck..the last one was great! Since you are going to a mount type this year, it will be even better. I'll throw you a hi-8 tape with all the film I get this year, and you can do with it whatever.. All you need to do is put a 944fest logo at the front and give some credit to our sponsors at the end.. how tough is that?

Are you Da MAN?

Quick Reply: 944fest Volunteer thread