Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well christian, just incase you didn't know, noone likes you either.
oh yeah but that's not because of your avatar either.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"yeah the 911 group is also older than the 944 group.
older=>tamer
younger=>crazier/hornier"

And I agree! We were all "younger" at some point, and the "majority" do eventually realize how "younger=>crazier/hornier" was so much fun, but also how it was also a time of some carefree disrespect for a lot of people around us. When one "matures", they change not their desire to have fun, or their horny attributes, but they do change how they go after it. Is it right/wrong? No... I don't think so......just with maturity, comes a little more respect for other people and most living things along the way.

"Just callin it like I see it"

Thats great, love to hear it! I can assure you, "like I see it" WILL change over time.......I/others see where your coming from.......can you REALLY see where Tom R. and others like myself are coming from? The answer you and others have to this is what REALLY determines what direction this forum is going to go in.

quote from elf 89,

"On balance, I'd say this is a pretty great forum. If I joined a more "mature" forum and I'd miss the input of someone like Ribs who isn't afraid to tear his car apart in a storage locker and post his adventures and misadventures for all of us to learn from."

I feel the same way! Besides the fact that all I own at this point, are 944's.

Originally posted by icat
"I've read Tom's original post and all the comments that followed. No where did I find where anyone objected to beauty or the appreciation of "things" we find attractive. Tom's feelings on this subject are shared by many on the board. However, the vocal majority prefer to leave things the way they are. Personally, I'm disappointed in the site and the responses to Tom's request. I feel the current crop of Avatars are better left to the pages of the Victoria Secret catalog. However. I'm even more disappointed by the lack of control some of our "members" seem to have when it comes to acceptable behavior in public. Foul language is rampant on this site even though it is expressly forbidden in the charter. In my opinion this forum, the 944 pages in particular, lost a great deal today because of the bickering and sniping."

I also aggree 100 percent!

Please don't take offense, or get to bickering/sniping just because this forum MUST police itself in order to be a place where we ALL want to come and be at! And if we don't police it, it will be a place where a lot good people used to belong to!
Theres plenty of other forums out their that have the proven track record! Are we going to allow this one to go that route also? Hope not.

quote from P944forScott,

"gee why do you suppose we don't get more women hanging around the board?"

For the group of "younger=>crazier/hornier".

To bad you just don't get it! I'd love to hear from the few women we do have left on this forum.

Morality, attitude,conscience, respect for others.......isn't this what its about? Please watch out for the cheap/shots along the way. I truly believe what goes around, comes around! Or do some of you even care?
Old 06-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by yieldsign2
well christian, just incase you didn't know, noone likes you either.
oh yeah but that's not because of your avatar either.

Old 06-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Well, listen guys, you'll never hear a mean word from me again. I don't like what's been happening on these boards lately, it seems like everything is falling apart. I hope it doesn't last. Well, I wish all of you luck, and lets just be happy.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

I agree cristiaan. Heres what ima do...

This avatar is dedicated to these two threads!

Help save the rainforest! i mean rennlist.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:36 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Man i feel the love already
Old 06-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Sweet... its catching...
Old 06-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Niiiiicccccccccce
Old 06-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Mike C.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's O.K. Cristiaan. I still like your avatar.... (growl...)
Old 06-19-2004, 07:13 PM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

I was looking forward to creating my own avatar at some point...then I started to read this thread. Nah, I think that I still am going to do it.

BTW, if I chose a picture of my car from the front, does it need to have a bra on?

Just kidding, hope to get a few laughs. Trying to lighten up this post a bit.

FWIW, I do believe that some sense of decency would be appropriate. Then the question becomes, who is going to judge? Our society is so diverse, how do we select what is acceptable for all?

Happy motoring on Father's Day.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:44 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know, with some cultures, it's a stoning offense for women to show any skin in public. As a globally-accessed site, are we Rennlisters taking personal responsibility in our posts to ensure that we aren't potentially causing irreparable harm to some remote viewer in the world???
Old 06-21-2004, 07:12 AM
DevNull
Advanced

<RANT> Not to cause a tiff here, but if Tom is browsing this site at work, dont you think he should be doing other work related stuff instead? (No offence Tom, but...)

Now, I think the avatars should remain in the tasteful range (what am I saying???) but c'mon, most of the guys on here have had the sexy women for a long time, and while totally off topic for the forum, as was said before, you do have the option of disabling them.

I am sure most of the parents on here dont sit in the living room with the kids watching the playboy channel, and that is the choice they make, much like what sort of content is viewed by their kids on the net.

Please dont expect the populace to police their actions for your sake, it will never happen. Hope for reasonable taste, but expect **** and everyone will be much better off. Kids protection starts at home.

</RANT>
Old 06-21-2004, 07:34 AM
JGriff
Racer

One of the reasons why I stopped visiting the PelicanParts forums (mainly the 944 one) was because Rennlist was different... more mature... more respectful... with a great crowd... passing along a lot of great information and passion about their cars... regardless of age.

Let's keep that in mind and strive to keep Rennnlist the best!!

Quick Reply: Avatars