Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some pics of my new toy

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

drool...
Old 06-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When does it get repainted Velvet red?? j/k...

Congrats- BEAUTIFUL!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:31 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is some spectacular country and you hit just some of the many highlights, a most excelent road trip.

Oh, very sharp car...congrats!!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NeedPorscheSpeed
Another shot while on the Loveland Pass
But you can see the Spanish Inquisition.

Seriously, all I can say is one word.... 3x....

Yum, yum, yum.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:58 PM
silver44
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:22 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

incessant wrote:
"A real beauty, looks mint!
specs? miles? price (if you would so divuldge?)"

Thank you! As to the specs and miles: it is a 1993 model, Tiptronic, and has 97K miles, and as you already know it is Amazon Green Metallic. It has cashmere leather interior with a full power driver's seat, painted rear spoiler, rim caps with the Porsche crest. Also, it has an Alpine CD system (2 years old), a carbon fiber dash (also 2 years old), and the interior and carpeting are nearly perfect. As to price, let's just say when I called about it, I fully expected it to have a salvage/junk title, or have something majorly wrong. To my pleasant surprise, nothing was further from the truth. It has all records (mostly done by Porsche service centers), a clean title, and had its 90K service done at the Porsche dealership. I won't bore you with the details, but there were other things that I found out from the PO that really impressed me about the car. I won't reveal the exact negotiated price, but I will tell you this: it was around 10K! The reason the PO didn't hold out for more money is that his wife really wanted a car, and he wanted to get it for her as soon as possible.

You could tell her truly loves his wife, and I was so impressed by this man's
character. He refused an offer by someone else for $1500 more than I had
offered him before I boarded the plane. I just don't think there are many
people in the world who would have done that. Considering the outstanding condition it is in, I am still amazed by the price. For the first couple of days, I was in a state of shock, half expecting something major to go wrong, such as a wheel coming off or the transmission falling to the ground. I've logged 1800 miles so far, and it has been wonderful!

hoffman912 wrote:
"i cant wait to go back this year and drive through rockie mountain ntl park
btw.. that car just screams sex. the 968 are the hottest water cooled cars that porsche ever made. (and thats a high complement considering the 996, 997, boxster, and cgt are water coolers.. and im a purist.)"

Thanks for the grand compliment! Coming from a purist, and putting it above the CGT is mindboggling! Thanks again!

Predator wrote:
"Beautiful car, beautiful pics. I think your's is my favorite model/color combo. Lucky you!! Congrats!!"
That is a very high compliment, as well. Thanks, Predator!

Serge944 wrote:
"Mmm, wanna trade?"
I've found my mouth watering a few times, as well... Thanks for the offer on the trade, but for now, I'm going to have to pass. I hope you'll forgive me.

GOBOGIE wrote:
"Ok how about some details???"
See my response to incessant earlier in this post.

"Very lovely car!!!"
Thanks, Cory!

AndyK wrote:
"Love that color! It's more blue than green...right?? Excellent looking car! I
think Porsche really did the 944 style body justice by modding the front into the 968's sexy shape! That front styling brings the car into the newer style Porsche world!"

I think you are right, it is more blue than green. The color is similar to Red Velvet Metallic in that under different lighting conditions, it has a slightly different appearance. I agree, the front of the car really modernized the basic shape of the 944. There is a some 928, 944, 959, and 993, all wrapped into one. Because it is such a synthesis of so many Porsche designs, it has always been one of my favorites. We 944 owners get a lot of looks while in our cars, but I will admit, I got so many looks in the 968 on the way home that I was beginning to feel a little like a celebrity, a feeling I didn't really like that much, to be honest. I know that some people in this world love to get excessive attention, but I'm not one of them.

Z-man wrote:
"Simply gorgeous!"
Thanks, Z-man!

Tom R. wrote:
"Glad it worked out and that I was able to play a miniscule part. welcome back."
Thanks for your help, Tom! I really appreciate it. Thanks, it's good to be home, but I must say, I miss that pure, non-humid, mountain air!

"i used to go to lookout point almost daily to try and figure out life. then a local gal i met told me that was the local make out place."
I can see why you would go there every day. It is lovely! Did you end up marrying that local gal?

"now you gotta paint it red to match the other two!"
It's tempting, but I like that Amazon Green Metallic too much!

Lawn Gnome wrote:
"Nice pics! The car looks awesome!"
Thanks, man!

bloodraven wrote:
"holy jeebus!!!"

yieldsign2 wrote:
"drool..."

Chris_924s wrote:
"When does it get repainted Velvet red?? j/k...
Congrats- BEAUTIFUL!"
Thanks, Chris! I think I'm going to have to leave that Amazon Green paint alone. I've lusted for this color for several years now! I guess I'm a sucker for the rare colors....

ibkevin wrote:
"That is some spectacular country and you hit just some of the many highlights, a most excelent road trip. Oh, very sharp car...congrats!!"
It was so beautiful! One day, I would like to explore it extensively, for I know there is so much more at which to marvel. Thanks!

Geo wrote:
"Seriously, all I can say is one word.... 3x....Yum, yum, yum."
I have found my mouth watering a few times, too....

silver44 wrote:
"very nice!"
Thanks!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:33 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Those are great pics of the car and the landscape. Thats why I live in Ohio. For the watersports, skiing, fly fishing, mountain biking, hiking, camping, beach activities, fall foilage, multicultural sites, and of course hamvention.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:37 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by UDPride
Those are great pics of the car and the landscape. Thats why I live in Ohio. For the watersports, skiing, fly fishing, mountain biking, hiking, camping, beach activities, fall foilage, multicultural sites, and of course hamvention.
Thanks. So, you're not a big fan of alpine activities? Although I absolutely loved the scenery while there, the toughest part about living in the Rockies (or in a Northern State) would be having to bid farewell to my Porsches for the winter. No!!!! Perish the thought!

Hamvention?

Quick Reply: Some pics of my new toy