Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning..Triangle Import & Sales in NC...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Mikey Mason
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning..Triangle Import & Sales in NC...

I called Triangle Import Sales in Raleigh today in order to do an inspection prior to bidding on this..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5254&rd=1...as I'm interested in finding another 944.I asked specificily if this car was available for inspection today as I was about 50 miles away and was interested in bidding but wanted to see the car prior to the bid.The salesman on the phone told me the car was there and if I got there by 5:00 pm (closing) they would be happy for me to see it.Well...we jumped in the car and took off to Raleigh....and pulled into the lot at exactly 4:30 pm...When I got out and approached a salesman in the front I told him I had come to check out the 944 on ebay.When he found out I had a called earlier he told me the car was unavailable....seems someone had locked it in the service area (or somewhere) and no one there had access to it.He was very apologitic about the situation and stated they had no way to call me to let me know prior to my arrival.I've never done any business with these folks and hope this was all legit....but sure doesn't set well to someone that ends up driving over 100 miles for nothing....strange thing though...they had a black '86 944 sitting there in the front for all to see...sales price of $5900.00...wow...what a deal.I'm not here to bash these folks...but telling potential customers cars is available and then not for WHATEVER reason sure makes you wonder.And sure doesn't say much for the professionalism of the company.So if you ever plan to bid on any of their cars I'd suggest to just "drop" in if you are in the area anyway..as it may be a waste of time to call.Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

Michael
Old 06-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Jason Weaver
Advanced

Michael and all,
I feel like a response here worthwhile to defend myself since I knew this bash was coming. An honest mistake was made today, and for some reason Mr. Mason cannot understand this. I even offered to make arrangements to take the car to him tomorrow (Sunday) since I felt bad about the misscommunication. I guess he feels as if we have nothing better to do than to jerk potential customers around on seeing a car. Seems like to me that hinting around that something fishy is going on is kinda taking things a bit far, if your curious take a look at the FLAWLESS eBay feedback rating and PLATNIUM POWER SELLER status. I honestly hate the fact that someone felt like they were "done wrong" by us on an honest mistake but I guess that's life. Best of luck with your search Michael and I hope there are no additional hard feelings.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmm.

I'll be interested to see what happens here. At least you hadn't bid on it yet. This car was discussed on this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=micah

I had torn into a poster for ridiculing Jason early on in the post, so I'm glad to see that he at least responded here. Hopefully this will work out.

Micah
Old 06-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Mikey Mason
Racer

This wasn't a bash at all.It was telling felllow Rennlist members of my experience..take from it what you will.Frustrated yes.Hopefully BOTH of us have learned from it.However when I mentioned telling of my experience of what happened to fellow Rennlisters you called it "childish" in your im to me and I believe your next statement after that was ."..w/ 50k dollar viper and 911's in the showroom in the scheme of things this 944 is really not a big deal"......strange thing in my business I don't belittle ANY potential customer...whether he's interested in buying 500.00 or 500,000 of our product.I do thank you for your offfer to show the car tommorrow but the bit about what is in the showroom kind of killed my interests...what little bit there was left anyway.Good luck with your auctions.

Michael
Old 06-13-2004, 01:13 AM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't aware that an '88 model was available without airbags........
Old 06-13-2004, 01:27 AM
944T4ME
Racer

Wow good catch. No one else seemed to notice. What with the wheels on the wrong way (rears on the right, fronts on the left), and the missing airbags...hmm I wonder what the story is with this car. Maybe it was in an accident and it was cheaper to replace with no airbags? Not saying this dealer did it, but the car does have some inconsistencies.

Is that how the front bumper is supposed to look N/A guys? It looks a little pushed in.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:40 AM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

It's an NA. Airbags were only standard on the 951s for that year (having been initially made standard in 87 as well).

Reference:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...481716334&rd=1

Micah
Old 06-13-2004, 02:46 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

944T4ME, the bumper does look pushed in. One of the previous owners probably did the snubnose modification on it.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:46 AM
944T4ME
Racer

Ya learn something every day on here dont ya? Hmm, I wonder why the 951's had the airbags first lol.

techno, Oh ok, thats what I thought, so Im not dreaming then.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:50 AM
Jason Weaver
Advanced

Micah and all,
Thanks for the email and your kind words, I do appreciate your support. Quite frankly, I have no intentions of having anything else to do with the Rennlist. Good, bad, or indifferent, best of luck to you guys. I have better things to do than play games on the Internet message forums. I hope I do not come across in the wrong way, I do not mean to. I obviously got off on the wrong foot and an unfortunate miscommunication just made things worse. Unfortunately I am already the bad guy and I don't think that is going to change. I'm sure this will turn into a pick the car apart, dishonest seller thread, etc. Oh well....

Regards,
Jason
Old 06-13-2004, 02:58 AM
944T4ME
Racer

Well we always pick the car apart (as you know because you stated you were a lurker), as any buyer should. Its part of the buying process and we just do it for fun to discuss the car, but also to point out anything to any buyers who may be looking at it fron rennlist. And we don't think your a dishonest seller, just a dealer. Believe me I sold cars for a while, I know how the game is played. It's not good or bad, its just the way it is. Hype the goods, mumble over the bads...
Old 06-13-2004, 03:00 AM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Paul,

Well stated. G/L with the sales, Jason.

Micah
Old 06-13-2004, 06:02 AM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Jason Weaver
I'm sure this will turn into a pick the car apart, dishonest seller thread, etc. Oh well....

Regards,
Jason

I thought I was a nitpicker till I came here. One thing I have noticed time after time is that you cannot get anything over on the people on this forum. They are the most sharp eyed and detail oriented people I have ever seen.

Any inconstincies WILL be pointed out on almost any car posted here, it is post at your own risk.

When I buy my next Pcar if I have any questions I will post the car here and ask them to tear it apart.

Unfortunatly, with car salesmen distrusted more than politicians nationwide, the skeptcism is always biased against the "used car salesmen".
Old 06-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't on anyone's "side" FWIW, but the comment about the $50k viper and 911's in the showroom so this little 944 isn't a big deal kinda threw me.
Of course that wasn't posted here but just hearsay from Mikey, but it is an example of the "poor man's Porsche" syndrome. If I truly wanted a 911 or a Viper I'd go buy one, and one day I may buy a 911 (if I ever get my current cars just like I want 'em), but it isn't money keeping me from it. I don't use my cars as daily drivers, and my cars are therapeutic. I love nothing better than tinkering around restoring and upgrading them little by little, and knowing it was by MY hand that they are improving. As good as a 930 or a widebody Carrera looks, it's tough to beat those sexy hips of a 951! I've owned a 944 variant since 1984 and will always keep one providing enough parts are around.

P.S. It's also wonderful to be free of any car payments.....frees up much more cash for upgrades!

Good luck with your sale, and don't hold it against Rennlist, or more specifically the 944 board. The cars MAY be cheap to buy, but the info gleaned from here can be priceless.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Jason Weaver
Micah and all,
Thanks for the email and your kind words, I do appreciate your support. Quite frankly, I have no intentions of having anything else to do with the Rennlist. Good, bad, or indifferent, best of luck to you guys. I have better things to do than play games on the Internet message forums. I hope I do not come across in the wrong way, I do not mean to. I obviously got off on the wrong foot and an unfortunate miscommunication just made things worse. Unfortunately I am already the bad guy and I don't think that is going to change. I'm sure this will turn into a pick the car apart, dishonest seller thread, etc. Oh well....

Regards,
Jason
Great customer service. If this is the beginning of the deal I suspect no "happy ending". Jason there are a THOUSANDS of potential USED PORSCHE buyers, and a LOT of them start right here prior to purchase cosiderations.

Many of us have owned more than one of these cars and we know from personal experience and information sharing what to look for and what to steer away from- and yes we do communicate via Rennlist.

You want to help your own cause instead of defending yourself? This wont cut it:

"I have no intentions of having anything else to do with the Rennlist. Good, bad, or indifferent, best of luck to you guys. I have better things to do than play games on the Internet message forums."

In all fairness, I included the complete original post, and edited and quoted WITHOUT CHANGING A WORD of the part that disturbed me. You may want to reconsider you view as are in the business of SELLING Porsches, not collecting them.
FWIW referring to Rennlist as "wasting time" probably just pissed off thousands of well-informed potential customers for you. It's not unusual for one of us to fly across the country to purchase a vehicle - most of us "Rennlisters wasting time" have the means to do so.

Bashing Rennlist for customer service issues and lack of communication within your organization is pretty self serving.

Best of luck in your venture. By the way, the first word of customer service is customer.

..and before you start on me- I didn't say a word about the vehicle - good, bad or indifferent.

Quick Reply: Warning..Triangle Import & Sales in NC...