Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleveland folks...Advice on my move out there

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 06:58 AM
rihaa
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleveland folks...Advice on my move out there

Starting mid august I will be in Cleveland for Law school at Case Western Reserve. For those of you who live in Cleveland/know the area well, do you have any advice at all with regards to anything involving the city. I will be trying to live right in and around the campus, so probably the cleveland heights area and am going to try and find an apartment complex that has either underground or garaged parking. Not sure how much availability there is for that sort of thing at all though.

Anyways, any advice anyone might have would be greatly appreciated, and if nothing else I will be joinin the multitude of 944 people out in OH, even if it is a bit late for 944fest.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:34 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Chris,

sometime this fall, when im up around there ill have to take you to the flats.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cleveland Heights, Shaker Square, Murray Hill (Little Italy) are all places to consider. None of them are cheap. I lived on Surrey and on Derbyshire near Cedar/Fairmont and you will be hard pressed to find a proliferation of off street parking at all, let alone garage parking. I lived in a 1 bedroom on Derbyshire and I think I was paying near or just over $500 for a roach infested dump. Really neat neighborhood though

I also lived near Cedar/Lee on the corner of Kensington and Westminster in a side by side double for a few years and that was really nice. Three bedrooms, garage space etc. I think I paid $1K per month and could ride my bike anywhere. They don't plow the streets for **** in Cleveland Heights during the winter though, so be prepared for that. Lots of good restaurants and bars within easy walking distance.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:08 AM
rihaa
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh, all those numbers you are throwing out are CHEAP!!! compared to what I am paying out here. $600/mo to share a bedroom, so $500/mo for a 1 bedroom doesn't even phase me.

Any advice on what I might do with the car? I know that winters can be quite hard on them, but what do most of you guys do in the cold regions? Also I know that some areas they use tons of salt and stuff on the roads, is Cleveland pretty bad about that? I know from what I saw of the area that the roads were pretty bad, but not sure how they might be maintained in the winter.

Quick Reply: Cleveland folks...Advice on my move out there