Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 06:53 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well said,
Old 05-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally posted by Ken D
Umm, you guys did notice that the poster is also the seller, right?
No kidding. This thread is starting to sound like something off of supercars.net

If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all....
Old 05-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally posted by mike_99l
what are you talking about dude, you are a little slow arent you??!
i started this thread for someone who is looking for a race car . this is rennlist after all and there is always someone interested in a 951
its as simple as that.
and second, i really dont care hat some of you think if you are not going to buy it. so please keep your stupid comment to your self
You call that a race car? Where is the safety equipment? Based on what I have seen of the fit and finish - I can only imagine how the seats are installed.

What country are you from, mike_99l? It's apparent English is not your first language. This may seem insulting - but if you expect to sell something - you ought to at least, form complete sentences, try a spell checker and try this - tell the truth! The car is questionable, at best. At least be up-front about it.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

basing your toughts on a scoop and a white leather boot.

Nope, the obvious fit and finish problems, couldnt care less about the other items you mentioned above.

this car is worth at least 13k

Not a chance in hell this car is worth 13K. If so I have a much more built one in much better condition, just needs to be put back together. If this POS is worth 13K then I think 20K for mine seems about right. Please email offers!!

I already got offers locally for 10K but i wanted to see how it will do on ebay and 2 more guys are flying this weekend to see it.

They are gonna be pissed if it is as bad as those pictures look

AND WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT THE PAINT, all race car usually have some ugly numbers and decalls over them, this one on the track stands out from all of them.

See Scott's comments, no way in this universe this is a race car, not even a track car. It is a street car with poor body work.

i tought you guys knew a lot about these cars, people pay 10K for a stock turbo with 80000 miles, this one has over that much just in parts, without the labor of a porsche racer mechanic.

Between some of the people who have responded to this we have forgotten more in the last 24 hours than you know currently. Do you have some receipts for the engine work? Got any dyno sheets to back up the claims?

and for some of you that think iam rasing the price my bids , the higher bidder became a member 3 years before my self, that should tell you that i have nothing to do with it.

I dont like those accusations either. I will be the first to concur that the car is a piece from what you can see in the pictures. I dont like the allegation of shill bidding. None of us can prove that he has done this, probably better to let it go.

Hey all, nobody is forcing anyone to buy this car. If Mike sells it for more than it's worth, he won't be the first to do so. Give the guy a break. If you know better than to buy it, the more power to you.

To come here an advertise about a cool car that you saw, oops, are selling and pretend you are not the seller is childish and he should have expected what he got.

It is always buyer beware and if some of us here can keep another lister from buying this car, then as a group we have helped each other. With no proof of receipts there is no way to know what the hell is in that car. For a motor that was rebuilt 30K miles ago, my 195K mile motor looks a hell of a lot better from the outside. Hard to believe someone spent 10K on engine work and "forgot" to clean the outside of the motor.

and please i heard what you had to say good and bad, and now its becoming anoying
thanks for understanding
Old 05-28-2004, 07:45 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

i didnt start this thread to proof anything to anyone, i started it for interested buyers to take a look at it. but because of a lot kids with nothing better to do, it has become a problem. yes i do have a lot of receipts for more what your car is worth if you have one, and i dont need to show any cause that was not the purpose of this thread.
and about the dirty engine , your car dont have a scoop on the hood, that does it in no time
AGAIN, THIS THREAD WAS POSTED FOR SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A SIMILAR CAR TO PURSHASE, NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH NO LIFE TO SPEND THEIR DAY CRITISIZING A CAR THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING AND STARTING ALL KIND OF OFFENSIVE CLAIMS AND INSULTS TO THE OWNER AND MY SELF.
I DONT BELIEVE I EVEN GOT INVOLVED IN SUCH UNECESSARY DRAMA.
I HOPE THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME ANYBODY WILL ADD SOME STUPID COMMENT THAT HE CANT BACK IT UP.
PEACE
Old 05-28-2004, 07:57 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

alot of kids? you need to walk your *** in the other direction sir. There are countless cars on this site owned by "kids" that would tear that car a new one. and look better while doing it...
I have receipts for my car totalling prob 2x what my car is worth, whats you f-ing point?
Old 05-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just spent 10 min reading this whole post. Matt H nice last post by the way.
I don't know a lot about 951's but i do know what to look for in a car. To me it just looks like the car has visual upgrades. I did notice the yellow shifter and are those yellow calipers stock 951 painted, or upgrades? I agree with Matt H that the car most likely has 220HP.

EDIT: SamGrant Bringing the Hoosier HEAT!
Old 05-28-2004, 08:06 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

but you see , you dont get it, i dont care if you guys have better cars, iam not saying this one is better or faster , i just wanted people on rennlist to know there is that white car on ebay at this time for potential buyers.
thats it. but for some reason most of you have just been negative all the way. my thread didnt say, check my car, no one has like it said check this car on ebay.
come on guys iam really tired explaining and typing as well
have a nice weekend
Old 05-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I think I'm on Mike's side....you guys did go overboard.

So...do you guys know whats the difference between a cactus and a posche? (yes, it does have something to do with ******)

If you have nothing better to do than criticize...go do an early belt job.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Serge944
I think I'm on Mike's side....you guys did go overboard.
So...do you guys know whats the difference between a cactus and a posche? (yes, it does have something to do with ******)
If you have nothing better to do than criticize...go do an early belt job.
This was never the true spirit of Rennlist. I find it pretty cynical how a more "respected" Rennlister can spend the better part of 2003 openly bashing 944 cars on this forum and then totally contradict himself by buying a 944 and everyone is congratulatory and makes nothing of it, while this other guy makes one post with some overly optimistic claims about a car he's selling, and everyone jumps his throat like he's doing a huge disservice to Rennlist. Pretty contradictory, if you ask me.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:31 AM
944T4ME
Racer

Mike--5/28 11:44am--"beleive me i have driven so many 951, real fast ones that claimed 400hp , and this one is just faster." "but my word for it, what ever car you have , you will not catch this one"

Mike--5/28 7:06pm---"iam not saying this one is better or faster"
Old 05-29-2004, 05:05 AM
MTM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Luis de Prat
This was never the true spirit of Rennlist. I find it pretty cynical how a more "respected" Rennlister can spend the better part of 2003 openly bashing 944 cars on this forum and then totally contradict himself by buying a 944 and everyone is congratulatory and makes nothing of it, while this other guy makes one post with some overly optimistic claims about a car he's selling, and everyone jumps his throat like he's doing a huge disservice to Rennlist. Pretty contradictory, if you ask me.
I think Tom R. was just saying that the 944 safety design isn't as good as modern cars. He never actually said that 944's suck or anything, did he?
Old 05-29-2004, 05:24 AM
kennycoulter
Drifting

where is this car? where s the links or the pics?
Old 05-29-2004, 08:25 AM
951power

Here

that car Looks like, whole lot of work ..

personally I would not sell mine for less than 28K..
Old 05-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Man, I had to look at this post again. I was going to post another "inconsistency" with his past posts/ads but I'm sure he'll just come up with another lie. I can't believe that there are rennlisters who are naive enough to think that this guy is not a scammer, pure and simple. Obviously he buys cars which he has no idea about or about their history "will it run with out the belts?", comes here for help to get them working (just long enough to sell), then way over-sells them on ebay with coments about always running on mobile-1, etc. and listing all the work done to it that might fool the unsuspecting bidder into thinking that they were bidding on a well-cared for enthusiasts car. That's it from me, sorry for the rant.

Quick Reply: !