Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome product!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome product!

I did a search and only found 1 mention of this product over on the 993 board, thought it deserves WAY more publicity.

The stuff is called "quick and easy wash" the company that makes it is Protect All. It is some liquid that allows you to wash your car with just a gallon of water. I read about it on the forums at autopia.org, but tried it for the first time today. Basically what I did was put 2 capfulls in about a gallon of water and used a sheepskin mitt to wash one panel of the 951 at a time. As soon as you're finished with a panel, you dry with a good towel (I have a waffle-weave microfiber). I got absolutely no marring, streaks, etc. I was really apprehensive at first, but I've only read great things about it. Took me about 15 minutes to wash and dry the entire car except for the wheels. I live in an apt. so this is going to work awesome for me!

I picked up 2 16oz bottles for $15 including shipping straight from the company. I think you can also pick it up at RV stores.

Here is a tutorial some dude wrote up, I didn't really follow it (he uses two buckets and two mitts, my car wasn't that dirty plus these guys have a reputation for being super ****), but it is good reading:
tutorial
Old 05-20-2004, 12:30 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I must concur...the stuff rocks!!!

It is so exceptionally easy and fast. I am a big fan of the speed and lack of mess with hoses and water all over the place. It also allows me to wash my car on crappy days or at night inside.

Max
Old 05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

gotta bump this once so everybody gets a chance to see it. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Awesome product!