Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Answer to all my problems was right above

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 07:01 AM
Carm.lomb98
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Answer to all my problems was right above

For about a month I’ve been wrestling with my 944 and it’s clutch issue. The clutch would slam to the floor, obviously no hydraulic pressure behind it. Now I replaced break booster break master clutch master and clutch slave and to no avail the clutch pedal was sticking to the floor just as before. Until, I got under the dashboard and see the clutch spring and decided I’m gonna take you out. So I did and bleeding the clutch was so fast and easy I have some more air to get out still I believe, because if the throw is 8 inches for example the first 2 to 3 inches down isn’t building pressure it feels but I’m unsure if it’s air or how it’s designed. Never the less I have a clutch pedal now! Very excited but the next problem that I’m faced with is flushing my fuel system, checking the pressure in the fuel system, and it’s first oil change in 18 years probably along with a coolant flush right after. This car hasn’t been turned over once since I’ve owned it the previous owner who bought it from the original owner said he got it running for maybe 15 minutes but couldn’t fix the clutch issue so it would just stall out. But now that the clutch is fixed and the other little things I gotta do. Like window seals and rear hatch resealed and a definite much needed break job (super rusty rotors). I need to order tires and I cannot find tires does anyone have go to tires for their 944 I believe I have on there now are 215/60R15 93H Toyo’s but I’m open to anything because these tires are dry rotten and bald. Next I need my interior carpet removed and seats reupholstered and I’m unsure of how to get things like that done so I’m tempted to take it somewhere and get that kind of work done because that takes skill I definitely don’t have. And odd part I need is the side mirrors there just gray pads now no reflection nothing.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:35 AM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Answer

With the amount of hydraulic problems that you have now and will have in the future, my suggestion is to get a motive power bleeder unit. Costs about 50 dollars or so. Did you remove the heavy clutch spring? There is a thread I posted on here about how to reinstall that spring. If you can’t find it, contact me here on the list and I’ll guide you how to do it. It only takes 2 big men, a small boy and a gorilla to compress it and get it back together. LOL!

Quick Reply: Answer to all my problems was right above