Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Coolant Bleed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2023 | 12:23 AM
TurrFinn
Instructor

Default 944 Coolant Bleed?

To lay back story my car never got hot until I swapped DME temperature sensors in and out. The car would cool as soon as I turned the fans on, but now it doesn't cool as well. I assume there's a bubble in the coolant system, am I just struggling to get it out? I noticed it got hot when I went to coffee and cars, bled it a day later and it stayed a little cooler the day after I bled it. Any tips on bleeding the system?

How I bled the system: I would open the reservoir fill it up all the way, crack the bleeder, fill the reservoir again then close the bleeder. I would then start the car and open the bleeder and it would spurt a little and then turn into a nicer non-aerated stream as far as I could tell. I would close the bleeder then cap the reservoir and turn the car off. Not sure If I'm missing something or not.
Old 03-07-2023 | 07:53 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

your procedure is good, but jack the front of the car as high as your stands will hold it, while you do this process. make sure the heater is open fully too.
Old 03-07-2023 | 06:57 PM
TurrFinn
Instructor

Originally Posted by V2Rocket
your procedure is good, but jack the front of the car as high as your stands will hold it, while you do this process. make sure the heater is open fully too.
That was amazing advice, thank you very much. I just backed my car to the slope in my driveway which is pretty steep and bled the car. Air came out, I don't think I got it all but I got most of it. The car didn't go past the middle tick mark after some WOT pulls and cooled with the fans on.

TL;DR: This advice was great and works.

Quick Reply: 944 Coolant Bleed?