Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebayer getting aggrivated with me

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Shutemup
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebayer getting aggrivated with me

The guy I bought my rear hatch from accidentially sent me another box of parts by misteak.

I had to look and see what it was, looks like several small cover and maybe an oil pump.

Anyway, I got the box the day before I went out of town for 2 and a half weeks.

Day after I got back I got a fed ex delivery and asked the fed-ex guy if he had a pick up from me.

They had one and tried to pick it up 3 times when I was out of town, which I told the guy I was gonna be outa town and he was just gonna have to wait till I got back.

So the pick up had been cancelled and I have to schedule a new one.

Now this guy keeps leavin me messages, wanting me to schedule sometime during the day where I can be home so he can have the package picked up by fed ex to be sent to who-ever bought it.

Now I'm not planning on taking off work so I can be home for the fed ex guy to come by and get it. Does fed ex do saturday pickups? If so they can come get it then.

Not my problem that he screwed up and I'm perfectly willing to give him the package back but I'm not goin out of my way to do so....

does that sound unreasonable?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:09 PM
83na944
Three Wheelin'

Its not your fault, but its not you stuff either.

I bet Fed Ex would pick it up at your work location. Maybe that's a good solution.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:13 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That or have the seller send you the paperwork and you can drop it off at the closest fedex location.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:15 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Give the guy a break. He's probably getting ridden pretty hard by whoever bought the stuff thats been sitting at your house for weeks.

Granted, its his fault, but unless he screwed you on the hatch deal why not do what you can to help him out? Take the box to work with you!

Karma...do unto others...et al

Old 05-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bear in mind the guy who actually bought the parts is probably pretty upset that he hasn't recieved anything by now. The faster you get the parts out, the faster he gets what he needs for whatever. Maybe he needs the oil pump to complete an engine that his daily driver and is stuck bumming rides to work. Eh, I just think it could be worth it to spend 15 minutes of your time to get the parts out to help another Porsche guy out. How would you feel if you were the guy waiting for those parts?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Shutemup
Burning Brakes

can't get it picked up at work though....

gated guarded workplace....maybe I can drop it off
Old 05-11-2004, 11:48 PM
7thStranger
Addict
Rennlist Member

If it were me I'd leave the package out by the front door.
Not really your problem. If FedX gets it great, if not o well.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:58 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Don't know about where you live - but when the FedEx guy has to pick something up at my house he comes between 5:00 and 6:00 in the evening. I'm home by then and it's never a problem.

I had to send some wheels back UPS, and I just left them by my back door and left a note on my front door. Came home - the wheels were gone, the call tag receipt was taped to the door, and everything was cool.

Quick Reply: Ebayer getting aggrivated with me