Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me and my friend out on our cross-country voyage!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:21 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me and my friend out on our cross-country voyage!

Everyone,

My friend Josh and I are going on a cross-country trip for a few weeks (starting either Sunday or Tuesday of next week) and are looking for places to stay on legs of our voyage that we don't have friends or family living along. We aren't well funded, but we will buy beer. Neither of us has ever spent more than a night in jail, and have no misdemeanors or felonies on our permanent records. We will be rolling in Josh's Scion xA as it is brand new and gets 40MPG on regular unleaded. If you live near or in any of the following Cities/States, we would be very grateful if you could give us a place to crash for a night:

San Franciso, CA
Vancouver, BC
Calgary, Alberta
Anywhere in Southern Saskatchewon(sp?)
Southern/Central/Eastern Minnesota
Anywhere in Ohio

If you would be generous enough to put us up for a night, please respond to this thread, send me a private message, or e-mail me @ richietommy@hotmail.com. TIA,
Old 05-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

well, if you decide to make it to LA, I can help!
~Eyal
Old 05-04-2004, 02:26 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

ahh.. memories.

i will be out of town the next few weekends. let me know exact dates.. if im home, youve got a place to crash.

if i cant help out, i an give any advice you may need.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

anywhere, Ohio.. there are a few Rennlisters out there..

I have some suggestions for music on long trips as well. I burned about 15 CD's that will usually last me a weeks or so on the road.

When your route gets firm let us know Rich.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:56 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys!

Eyal, we've got a place to crash in LA...I think its near Venice Beach, but we will be there for a couple of days, so if you want to get a beer somewhere, let me know.

Hoffman, where do you live?

Chris, we've got a laptop with an 80 gig drive that is about half filled with MP3's, and we're going to pump that into the radio with an FM modulator, so we should be able to go for a month and a half and not hear the same song twice. We're going to plan our trip out on the GPS soon, but basically we're driving straight through the plains from Maryland, staying in Denver, going to LA, then Vegas, then San Jose, then Idaho, Seattle, then Vancouver, then Calgary, then somewhere in Saskatchewan, then Minnesota, then Nashville, then New Orleans, then Melbourne FL, then Miami, then West Virginia, then Ohio, and then home....thats the plan so far. We have places to stay everywhere except those mentioned in my first post.

Thanks again!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:20 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

^bump^
Old 05-05-2004, 06:31 PM
zehnd
Addict
Rennlist Member

How far south in Saskatchewan. If you are using the Yellowhead 16, it would be a pleasure to host.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I would love to meet up in LA. If you want to see some amazing roads, I can surely show you. I think we can get a meet goin while your here as well. I'd love to get a beer, but my lack of a few months and Mr. police man says otherwise, lol. (20)
~Eyal
Old 05-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gimme a call when you're in L. A. I'll come down and hang out with you! Some great clubs in the Westminster/OC area.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:01 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Danno
Gimme a call when you're in L. A. I'll come down and hang out with you! Some great clubs in the Westminster/OC area.
Danno,

Is it the number posted on gururacing.net? We'll be in LA for E3 next wednesday (my friend is a recovering video game addict) and be around there for at least a couple of days. I was in Orange County a month or so ago and had a lot of fun in Laguna Beach and Newport. I'll hit you up when we're out there.

Quick Reply: Help me and my friend out on our cross-country voyage!