Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wird electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 10:32 AM
aerolithe
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Wird electrical problem

Looking for help and idea
I got a 1986 base with some electrical issues. I clean all ground (I beleive) My blower, front and rea rwipers, reverse light and fog light dont work. If I apply power to the blower motor and wiper they works, I check the switch for reverse light at the transmission and it work test the light and ground at the rear assembly and they work.
If I apply 12 volts on the swicth. I found the big red cable damage on the rectangular plug O under the fuse box repair it and no go. At the battery terminal we have multiple of red Cables who connect there where do they go?
Any more place to check ?
Old 06-25-2022, 12:47 PM
T&T Racing
Drifting

Received 347 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by aerolithe
Looking for help and idea
I got a 1986 base with some electrical issues. I clean all ground (I beleive) My blower, front and rea rwipers, reverse light and fog light dont work. If I apply power to the blower motor and wiper they works, I check the switch for reverse light at the transmission and it work test the light and ground at the rear assembly and they work.
If I apply 12 volts on the swicth. I found the big red cable damage on the rectangular plug O under the fuse box repair it and no go. At the battery terminal we have multiple of red Cables who connect there where do they go?
Any more place to check ?
Do you have a voltohm meter? If not, purchase an electronic one, Craftsman is reliable and less expensive than commerical/ industrial grade like Flute. Craftsman sold at Lowes
For each device to test, remove the ground and power connection. Test for continuity on the ground wire with the meter on resistance between the ground wire and solid clean ground on the chassis with the probes. Test the 12v power supply connection with the meter set on dc volts, red probe in 12v connection and black probe to good chassis to ground to determine voltage.

There are multiple ground points on the chassis. Go to Pelican Parts for electrical schematics and also other schematics available free on the Internet

Last edited by T&T Racing; 06-25-2022 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:31 PM
aerolithe
Racer

I did check continuity for ground and it work. If I put 12 volts direct to the unit it all work. So my ground is OK
The red cable who leave the connector (0) that the one I try to track down
Any Idea ?
Old 06-26-2022, 01:37 PM
T&T Racing
Drifting

Received 347 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by aerolithe
I did check continuity for ground and it work. If I put 12 volts direct to the unit it all work. So my ground is OK
The red cable who leave the connector (0) that the one I try to track down
Any Idea ?
My point is there 12v at the connector that is attached to the fan, or component
Old 06-26-2022, 08:49 PM
aerolithe
Racer

No I do not have 12 volts at the unit
Do you know where I could find diagram of the fuse box with cable identification for each cable

Quick Reply: Wird electrical problem