Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sob Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 440 Posts

You lookin for a date DAVE

Dont get excited....Im JOKING.

Shabba I like your ideas, seems like my style...
Old 04-28-2004, 02:40 PM
P944forScott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your trouble, here’s my two cents,

Originally posted by Shabba
When you are trying to make a relationship work, chances are, that relationship is already over and it sounds to me like she has been over this relationship for a while now. Oh yeah, one more bit of advice...it hurts right? It hurts worse than anything you have probably ever experienced...Don't hold it in...if you need to vent, do it (just not on other people or animals!). Don't be afraid to feel bad about what happened..without having been there I only know your side of this, but it sounds like you shouldn't be hard on yourself for this, she simply changed (or maybe not and you are just realizing she is not for you!). Move on man but move on when YOU are ready...
Yep… what he said, just got out of a relationship with a gal last year that I had to work my *** off to get along with. I still miss her but I KNOW I am better off without her… oh and now I find out she never really stopped dating while we were (supposedly) getting all serious.

Originally posted by fty
. So basically this break up stuff cost me about 600 bucks of money I dont have!!!!! This is getting expensive.....eh oh well...you cant buy happines but you can buy peice of mind I guess...Thx for all teh responses !!-chris
HA! After my last bad relationship I went on a three month bender (out drinking EVERY night) probably dropped a few grand in bar tabs (I’m afraid to add up the bills)

Originally posted by Porsche-O-Phile

Look, the best thing to do is just get hardcore involved in something / anything else to get your mind off of it - if you have free time, you're just going to spin your head around and around only to end up with the same conclusion - this doesn't make any sense. Don't let it tear you up and although it sounds cliche and probably not what you want to hear because you have so much invested in it - there IS someone better out there. Your time will come, it just wasn't now. You're also VERY young so you've got plenty of time ahead of you to find the person who is deserving of you.

Don't let her get the best of you - just keep a smile on your face and an indifferent attitude (at least outwardly). Good luck!
Good advice, do as he says and not as I did. Try to channel some of this energy into a positive project and don’t dwell on the past.
Hang in there,
Scott
Old 04-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Strictly Gravy
Intermediate

I dont deal with women, and i am much happier without them. plus, i have more money for the cars. for instance: one of my ex's i dated for 2 years dumped me in early 2003. i was saving up for a vacation for me and her. instead, i decided to build a race motor for my corrado, and couldnt be happier about it

***** em.

-Gravy
Old 04-28-2004, 03:10 PM
lilredpo
Pro

My advice...move on and be glad it's not going to cost you!
Old 04-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Strictly Gravy
Intermediate

Originally posted by lilredpo
My advice...move on and be glad it's not going to cost you!
Old 04-28-2004, 07:24 PM
jjmson20
Addict
Rennlist Member

eh, all too familiar, as you said first serious relationship for her and first for you in a whle. Let her go dude, trust me ive been with my girl for 6 years..when things start to go bad after a period of time, they aint coming back to the good side. I'm a huge beliver that there is a girl out there who will be your match...dont rush you got plenty of time to find her. Enjoy being single and have some fun. We'll get some beers asap and i dont wanna here one blip of her name that night...time for a new gal.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

I did have a situation very much like that just not the last GF. Same age as yer girl and everything and im sorry to tell ya man but it is most likely another guy. I had to find out from her room mate that she was cheating on me. It hurt like hell at the time but It made me a much stonger man in the long run. I have to make an observation though. Hang in there dood. This will work out for the better. She seems like she might have some other issues so you might have come out on the lucky end or things.

The "my GF left me" threads seem to be increasing as Spring is here. I have always wondered if Spring makes people just go ape ****.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:11 PM
StupEd05
Pro

The best thing I have learned in regards to women is stick with your car!

1. Its cheaper
2. You can ride it whenever you want
3. It doesnt talk back
4. You can always use your Porsche to get a better GF (chicks love these things)

And many many more reasons. Stick with what was said earlier and put your time to other more positive things to take your mind off of it. Good luck man!
Old 04-29-2004, 04:48 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys..jamie Ill def. take you up on that offer, speaking of me and some guys are hittin the abr tom. night/Morn @ 2-3am...let me know.

Cars are def. better than girls!!!!!!!!! Never liked a girl with aloud exhuast anyways....let alone a loud intake....
Old 04-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Predator
Pro

Welcome to the real world. You can't live with'm.... and you can't kill'm. Although I've been married for 28 years, still have never met one that had any common sense, or didn't let their stupid 'emotions' run their lives. Most have **** for brains. We screwed up 100 years ago, when we first gave them the right to vote. It's been downhill ever sense. If you use nature as the natural order of things, you'll understand the females role in the world. The last two generations of males in this country have all become pussey-whipped, with the "yes, Dear" disposition. U.S. males need to realize that women are like taxi cabs.... there 'll be another one along in a few minutes.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the real world. You can't live with'm.... and you can't kill'm. Although I've been married for 28 years, still have never met one that had any common sense, or didn't let their stupid 'emotions' run their lives. Most have **** for brains. We screwed up 100 years ago, when we first gave them the right to vote. It's been downhill ever sense. If you use nature as the natural order of things, you'll understand the females role in the world. The last two generations of males in this country have all become pussey-whipped, with the "yes, Dear" disposition. U.S. males need to realize that women are like taxi cabs.... there 'll be another one along in a few minutes
ziiiiiiiiiing!
Old 04-30-2004, 12:16 AM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

Dude, Chris...

Sorry to hear about this man. If you ever need to chat, you know how to find me. I'll finish by saying this:

Women are like stocks, you keep throwing time and money at them, and just like stocks, there value keeps going down, down, and down...
Old 04-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

And I thought it was high school girls that acted like this. Boy am I in for it. I always thought they would grow out of there "attitudes". I dont have any marriage experience (obviously), but from my little experience and some other listers, you can be better off without them.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:51 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Well to further my story, she stopped by today, we hugged and cried and said our goodbyes, she wanted to explain to me that there was no one else and there wont be for a while but that we are to different and she wants to go home and is in 8 months...I dont know if I feel better or worse at this point....Ahh I feel like crap...but have been doing some online dating stuff, hey i know its pathetic but dont have time every night to go hunting at bars and Im not a bar kinda guy anyways...so who knows, all i know is Im talking to different women and learning alot about myself and women in general...have a dat ein acouple of weeks, not my typical body size(a lil curvy) but she has a geat personality and and a real cute face...so well see... thanks again for all the support guys. -chris

Quick Reply: Sob Story