Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help willing to pay :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 05:18 PM
interceptorgt944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help willing to pay :)

Well i have had it, I cannot get rid of the rough idle, and sluggish driving. 2 mechanics, one who has worked on porsches, are not sure. Actually one didn't even bother to fix it, and ignored it. So if anyone is by chance near central michigan, I am willing to pay for gas or whatever and try to diagnose my problem, lol. Not sure what else to do, I just dont wanna start replacing things if I dont have to I guess.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:35 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you checked your vacuum lines? Take a can of carb cleaner, and squirt a bit around each connection, and under the manifold and see if your idle fluctuates while you are doing it.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:55 PM
944_S_TYPE
Three Wheelin'

Pull your fuel injectors. Take a look at the caps. see if they slid down, that will affect your spray pattern, It really makes a difference. Or better yet, Just pick up a couple of rennbays seal kits, and reseal them. It was a big help on my car.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interceptorgt944: I know your pissed

Perhaps since 2 "professional" mech's have already failed to solve/ignored the problem, you might be the only one w/ the patience to beat it.

Cheeck for vac leaks (above). Check it all out completely until your sure there isnt.
What do the plugs look like? (see haynes manual)
How sound are your spark plug wires? (Not just old, people who pull on them wrong can ruin "performance" wires immediately.)
Have you looked at the cap & rotor?
Disconect O2 sensor and see if it changes idle? No? reconnect it then.
How are your injector seals ?(cheap to do even if just for peace of mind)

. . . and we'll go from there.

Any other info besides "rough idle" and "slugggish? Does the idle stumble infrequently or does the idle tach and dwell?
Old 04-24-2004, 05:59 PM
interceptorgt944
Instructor

yep check for leaks with the spray found nothing, I will try get new seals, couldn't hurt. Sorry to keep posting this problem, its just a damn pain.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:05 PM
interceptorgt944
Instructor

New cap and rotor, new plugs, wires, coil, umm....., have not tried the O2 sensor yet, hmm where is that by the way. Thanks, Its just a little frustrating when this happens.

Usually when I start it up it idles rough, runs better after it warms up, and when I drive, or get on the accelerator it acts sluggish. Some times it drives great, shut it off, turn it back on, and problems are there again. I will purchase the new seals, and tell them to test my injectors, if they can, I did notice some oil leaking near the cam housing, or on the passenger side of the engine, where it says porsche, then back towards the firewall, where the gasket is, not sure if that might be a problem, not a bad leak, just over time.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:25 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I wonder if your ISV valve isn't sticking

Quick Reply: Need help willing to pay :)