Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 04:16 PM
oi-punx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oi--That is one SWEET looking black interior. What do you use to get it so fresh looking??
That's funny...I was thinking the same thing about UD's interior....Red isn't my favorite for an exterior color but with an interior like that...man that looks good. Anyway, consistency is key to keeping the interior fresh looking. I use lots Lexol products and lots of them. The dash gets Vinylex and the seats, console, door panels etc. get the leather conditioner. I treat it about once a month/50 miles which is overkill but it keeps me entertained.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:21 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oi--So you have FULL leather, eh? Cool! I use Vinylex too...I guess not often enough! I'll have to get on that. What kills me is when I spray the inside of the windows, little drops of window cleaner spoil the Vinylex shine!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

UDPride - I just looked at the AJUSA site and they don't offer Lloyds mats, they are calling their mats "Premier" mats. Also, they do NOT offer contrasting thread color on black. Their web page goes out of its way to tell you that white is the predetermined color for black mats and no substitutions are allowed. Also, they recommend against full words done in caps. They suggest only monograms. And I see no mention of having a binding, contraqsting color or not. What gives? These mats aren't what you got...at least I don't think so. I still want Lloyds. Anyone else got a source?
Old 04-21-2004, 07:08 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I can almost swear on a bible I got them from AJUSA. I got them about two months ago. They were 930 mats but I assume they offer them for 944s too.

I will check my invoice. I wanted special stuff like the off color edging and turbos on the rears. I dont know if they deal with Lloyds on each order but I know they had to phone mine in to accomodate my requests.

Im 99.99999% sure I got them from AJUSA. I let you know how much I paid. I remember them not being easy to find on their web site if I recall. Mine are the Lloyds Ultimats.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

UDPride, Yeah, please check. If all it takes is a personal phone call instead of using the online site, fine. By the way, I WOULD HAVE SAID that red on tan wouldn't look good. But yours look great. I'm impressed. Very nice touch.

I just went to the GGBailey.com site someone posted and it looks like a really quality site. They aren't"Lloyds mats, but they do offer the contrasting color binding too, as well as contrasting color heel pad (yuck - imho!).

But I don't care for the font they offer as much as the font on the OiPunk post above. How do I get that font?...OiPunk are you listening (reading?) - what brand mat are yours?
Old 04-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

UDPride, by the way, are those Harvey Peck's door sills? I have some on order right now. If not, whose brand is that? If so, have they stood up to misc scratches well?

I ordered mine in plain polish with the Porsche crest only. Yours look very nice as well.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:24 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah I bought them from AJUSA and they are Lloyds Ultimats. I paid $151.51 for all four. I like the Lloyds because the edging border is wound thread and not vinyl tubing.

I dealt with:

scott@ajusa.com
800-877-1911 ext 124

I placed the order online then called them a day later and discussed exactly what I wanted on the mats. They adjusted the pricing and got the OK from Lloyds that it could be done. I dont believe they had scripted turbos on rear mats before so I had to pay extra.

Very happy with the quality though. I have clear plastic mat protectors down to protect them right now. The mats come with mounting hardware to anchor them to the floor, but I did not bother.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:27 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Dan in Pasadena
UDPride, by the way, are those Harvey Peck's door sills? I have some on order right now. If not, whose brand is that? If so, have they stood up to misc scratches well?

I ordered mine in plain polish with the Porsche crest only. Yours look very nice as well.
I think they might be Harveys. I got them on Ebay. $80 maybe. They are very nice. He added the crests for me in the corners exactly how I wanted for a small fee. It was a turd getting the old rubber ones off (if anyone needs 911 rubber sills email me), but after removing those and cleaning up the sill glue left underneath, the new sills went on fine.

I have found very little wear. Im pretty careful though. If you wanted to scrape them up Im sure you could but I think they are a great buy for the money.

If this is the same guy, does he do 951 sills? Ive been looking for a set of 951 turbo script sills with crests for the same price.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:21 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a 4 piece set of lloyd's mats from eurowebparts.com for about $120 two months ago, including the "turbo" embroidery and delivery. The burgandy matches my factory carpeting perfectly and contrasting script in gold looks spiffy. You can also get "944" in the proper script or skip the embroidery. I highly recommend the mats and the vendor.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:50 PM
oi-punx
Racer

Andy,

Yes I do have full leather, it was one of the few options that my car came with. It's definitely not one that I would have chosen but sometimes you take what you get.

Dan,

My mats were purchased like that off the shelf (i.e. they weren't custom or a special order). I believe they came from PartsHeaven in Hayward. They are the Lloyd's brand. Here's another view of the font.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:09 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

OK heres my original floor mats if someone wants to make a ploy on em. For 18yrs old they are in super shape. I'll take a reasonable offer but Im not going to give them away either.

The carpet is black. The insignia is tanish/greyish. More tanish.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:10 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Pic 2
Old 04-22-2004, 12:10 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Pic 3