Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interseted in a 1990 S2 Cab??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 01:16 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Anyone interested in a 1990 S2 Cab??

It looks like I am going to move to the dark side with a 911 cab. I am thinking about listing the car on eBay or trading it in so I just thought I'd see if there was any interest here first.

It's a 1990 944S2 with approximately 101,000 miles on it. That's actually more than the car actually has on it since the speedo is about 10% optomistic. I know this through running Road Rallies (TSD's) with the local SCCA club. The following has been done in the last 10k miles. Brakes (pasds, rotors, flush & fill), cam chain tensioner, front tires, front seals, drive shafts, powdercoated cam cover, spark plug wires, distributor and rotor, top and boot cover, Weltmeister strut brace, coolant with Water Wetter, heater control valve, AC recharge, 100 month battery, carbon fiber dash kit, H-4 headlights w/Stonegards, clock, Sony AM/FM/CD, Infintity 4x9 rear plate speakers. This has been over the last 3 years.

Also, the buyer will have the option of picking up all the other pieces parts in may garage. These include a lower mileage M030 suspension from a 1989 951, service covers for the fenders, factory shop manual set, set of Magnecore plug wires w/Beru ends, spare distributor cap & rotor, rear parcel shelf from a 968, 16" 968 rims, Iceshark's Cable setup (full boat w/Cibies & full set of replacement bulbs), replacement radiator temp sensor, hoses, original cam cover, and god knows what else in my garage. I pick stuff up when I find it, which is a habit from my 928 days.

I know this should be posted in the Classifieds but I want to gauge interest since the 911 is available now. The car runs great and is a lot of fun. Then next thing I was going to to do was an Autopower rollbar and get it repainted. The paint is guards red and starting to show some age.

My email is: craig001@swbell.net.

Last edited by craig001; 04-16-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:13 PM
craig001
Drifting

Just a quick update. I was hoping for $10k on trade (yeah, right) was willing to take $9k and was offered $8k. So I guess it's time to get serious about moving this. Of course at this price point all of the extras in my garage are not included. Now that I am home, here's a picture:
Old 04-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Toolmaster
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give ya 1k - cause that's about all I have to give... ;(

Nice car... Definately put her in the classifieds. She'll move pretty fast there.

HTH!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What color interior?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:55 PM
craig001
Drifting

It's your standard Red\Black\Black set-up. I have had a set of Wet Okele seat covers (black w/red centers) on the seats since I got the car. Cooked thighs are for the birds.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:04 AM
craig001
Drifting

Sadly I don't have the luxury of time to put the car up in the classifieds or on eBay. I am going to drop a check for the deposit to hold the car and then probably drive to Alabama next week on my days off to do the deal. So if anyone knows a person with the interest and cash or credit, then point'em my way. It's been a great car and I'd rather see her go to somoeone that appreciates these cars over a dealer auction. The dealer with the 911 says that 944's just don't sell well in his neck of the woods.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:16 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I wish I could help ya out

Trending Topics

Old 04-15-2004, 09:44 AM
craig001
Drifting

The car will be in the Saint Louis Post Distpatch for $11000 ONO this weekend.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Pearceman3
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you decide to trade her in let an enthusiast like me take it off your hands for $8200
Old 04-15-2004, 05:34 PM
craig001
Drifting

I wish I could. I am hoping for at least $10k out of the paper. On trade I was told that we would start at $8000 (Black Book Value) and take it up from there. It would be easier in some ways to trade it in since I am using PeopleFirst/Capital One again and then it's a paper shuffle. Of course selling it makes me some extra dinero, but also adds the how to get to Alabama issue. Life is just sooooo hard, isn't it.

Anyway, some numbers on the car: Paid $13900 (2001), ~$3500 in receipts (TB, WP, Cam tensioner, brakes, drives axles, front seals, tires, etc.), only god knows how much in shop manuals, Ice Shark's kits, spare AC compressor w/clutch, starter, distributor cap/rotor/Magnecore & Beru wire sets, front engine compartment dress-up piece (Partwerks), 968 wheels, spare drive shafts ( I picked up a used set with one rebuilt CV and then decided to go new - 4100 mile road trip in 2002). Plus the top was replaced after I bought the car by the dealer which isn't included in $ spent. So there's close to a couple of grand worth of parts that will eventually end up on eBay. Ice Sharks kit will probably be sold here to somebody that would understand and appreciate it. Of course since I am buying a slantnose conversion, I wonder if it would fit?? Any ideas Dan?? Maybe just one real long run from back to front? The car will probably have those friggin' ceramic cartridge type fuses since it's a 1980 SC with a 1986 930S Body conversion. Heres a picture of why I am moving to the dark side.

But my 944 has got to go.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:24 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like an EXCELLENT deal, actually- what 968 wheels do you have? C2's or Cup 2's? Are they 16's or 17's? I would LOVE to have an S2 cab- epsecially w/some of the stuff you have laying around in your garage- let me see if I can get a loan & I MAY try to work something out- of course, I doubt it will work, knowing my luck, but, it may be worth trying... BTW- it IS running well at the moment, right? St Louis is 500 miles away, but, the LAST time I was there, I brought my car back on a trailer due to a blown HG Not to jinx myself, but....
Old 04-16-2004, 09:47 AM
craig001
Drifting

The wheels are just 16" 5 spoke. I am pretty sure that they are Cup 1's. I got them last year and the time just flew by. Plus my Saleen needed new rubber and them bad boys are not cheap.

Also, I think I would be going through Tennesse on my way to Alabama (don't know if Knoxville is on the route though). The car is running great, I am a believer of early maintenace (pay me now instead of later, because later always ends up more costly). I was planning to drive it out east when we are going on vacation, but the better half has made arrangements to take some antiques off of my parents hands so it's an Exploder trip. My mother has all ready stated that we WILL be bringing things back with us.

But as I said I had some things I was going to do, but everytime I started thinking about it, the list of pieces I still needed to get kept growing. For example, the M030 suspension. Well, while I was there I was going to do the motor mounts, all suspension bushings, Ice Shark's kits, etc.; all "because I was there and could". End result, nothing got done. Duoh!

And to top it all off, I just saw the ad. The paper put the price at $22000. Don't I wish. Hopefully I will still get some calls. Who knows, maybe aomeone will think that they are getting a great deal when I tell them that the AP is $11k.

Time wise, the weather forecast is calling for rain all next week so I may try to put off picking the car up until the 27th.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Let me know what happens on that- I honestly doubt I could make it work, BUT, I'd LOVE to try- I'm about to have mine paid off next month- what would I do w/out a car payment? But, I know exactly what you mean about buying too much stuff & not getting ANYTHING done- that's the story of my life- you should see all the parts I had laying around here a month or so ago- I've waded into it a little, but, STILL have at least $1000 worth of stuff laying in wait...

Old 04-17-2004, 03:44 AM
SeattleS2
Advanced

Craig...

Don't take this the wrong way... IS IT TOO LATE TO KEEP YOUR S2! Man, way nicer car than the 911 your buying. Keep in mind, I love SC's, but they have thier quirks... but a slantnose??? Okay... I'll shut up. Beauty is definately in the eye of the beholder.

Okay... my question has to do with your 968 wheels. I MIGHT be interested in them. The problem is getting them here... shipping wheels is expensive. Anyways, are the 968 wheels a second set? If so, don't trade them in with the car. I'd love to have them. How much would you want for them?
Old 04-17-2004, 09:07 AM
craig001
Drifting

Actually I have someone that would buy the SC if I want to wiggle. I don't have the garage space or a wife with enough patience to have two Porsches.

The 968 rims are just that, rims, no center caps, tires, or valves. I opened one of the boxes to check them after they arrived and they have been sitting in my garage since last summer.

I'd like to sell the S2 and then have the buyer just buy all the extras in my garage in a package deal. I mean I'd make a few more bucks and the car wouldn't be put into the dealer auction network (or whatever they call it). At least that's what I was told will probably happen to it. Plus I could start buying stuff for this car. A DAS Rollbar and maybe some GT3 seats. I've contacted Harald in the classifieds, but I think I am too wide for the RS seats.

Yeah, cars are a funny thing. I just really like the slant look and the price is right. It's kind of like following the yellow brick road to Oz. 928, 944, 911. And maybe a 993 Targa, but I need to see how I like this SC.

Let's be real... I drive a Saleen XP-8 as my everyday car. Now if that's being practical...

Last edited by craig001; 04-17-2004 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone interseted in a 1990 S2 Cab??