Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet Pea II has been added!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sweet Pea II has been added!

More out of curiosity, I was just out looking at some local 44’s for sale, when I ran across this 1983, and decided to buy it! $1500.00 later, and it became a part of the family just last night! Platinum Metalic (LM8U), 150K miles on it. PO's records showed belts/rollers/rebuilt non-updated water pump and front seals done 46.7K miles ago, with records for only one re-tension! Jason from Paragon is sending me some OEM belts…….their going on this weekend! I’m hoping to hold off on the rollers/pump/seals till next time…….we’ll see. Its had new pads put on both ends about 40K ago, new clutch package about the same time, new radiator 14.5K ago, new alternator in 2002, and new O2 sensor about 11K ago. Also has had rear bearings done, quick throttle cam installed, and has a K&N “cleanable/reusable” air filter put in it. Anyone ever had one of these filters…what do ya think of em? There are some body ding/dent issues (not anything tragic though) and some chipping of the paint, some interrior detailing and replacement issues. Has the brown interrior, leather seats (bolsters are worn/tore), AC works! (could use a re-charge I’m sure), cassette holder/arm rest pad is crap, the center console could use a replacement, has a Jenson mod. KCC 6220 stereo with 6 changer CD mounted in rear cubby that works good (speakers are iffy), otherwise, the interrior is pretty good. Dunlop tires are about gone, cookies are in need of re-finish, but all in all, I think it might be a pretty good car. It also came with a nice brown sunroof cover, air comp. (not the “real one”), what looks like a german issue warning reflector/flag?, complete tool kit in brown leather holder, and a german first aid kit. This car has the “Tourist Vehicles Insert For Owner’s Manual” in with the regular owner’s manual packet. It looks like it was purchased in Germany, than later, shipped over here. I wonder if a Car Fax would show anything?
Anyone that has a good, brown center console and or cassette/arm rest pad (hinge is fine in this one) for sale, I just might be interested!
Hell, I still have to get the original engine rebuilt in my ’85, so I can replace the “smoking donor” in it now! WHAT WAS I THINKING!

Heres some pics of car and some of the extra goodies PO had left for me. Thoughts and “coments” more than welcome!

The extra goodies!

Is this whats found in ALL Porsche's first aid kits? This is what I found in this one!
Old 04-06-2004, 11:23 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a looker! awesome car! sweet goodies in the trunk, and it looks like that sunroof bag is stock

i have a pair of ~BRAND NEW~ (36k mile, EXTREMELY FAST[lol], no wear) seats sitting at my house with that car's name on em

i'm a HUGE fan of porsche metallic colors, and that one's no exception.

fantastic car and great buy!!!

-Mike-
Old 04-06-2004, 11:35 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Condoms..needed in every emgerncy kit
Old 04-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Markota
Condoms..needed in every emgerncy kit
Just what I was wondering! I feel much better now! Wonder what the wife would think of that?

Thanks Mike, I can't imagine what the shipping costs alone would be! Then the asking price. But if ya email me....granite944@hotmail.com .......I'd love to hear what you've got, and what your thinking/asking!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:09 AM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

message sent
Old 04-07-2004, 01:09 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts

Very Nice!! I had no idea some 944s came with multitudes of protection! A SAFE car indeed!! (PCA probably figured if you knocked up your gal, you'd need to sell the car. Less kids, more P-car owners!)

Quick Reply: Sweet Pea II has been added!