Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Cables

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 05:28 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Battery Cables

If anyone wants the upgraded battery package let me know as I am dowm to ZERO in iventory, if everyone sends their check in.

I'e got to order the fuses and fireproof sleeve in minimum quantities. Prices have jumped and I'll will need $250 for the full package with the shipping in lower 49 USA. It will take 20 cars to make this work.

What can you do?
Old 04-06-2004, 05:36 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Dan,
My cable came today. Outstanding.

You mentioned wanting an opinion from someone familiar with MILSPEC standards to see them. Really top notch.

I've seen worse wiring in combat aircraft delivered from the factory. The only way your wires would not match MILSPEC is if the owner doesn't environmentally seal the connections which has nothing to do with your build quality.

I'm really looking to install them.

Thank you.

Daniel
Old 04-06-2004, 06:28 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

$250 includes all battery / ground / alternator cables, everything but your lighting kit, right?

So, are you saying that you are now collecting orders to make a new batch run? Your post was not 100% clear about where you are in the process.

Thanks very much!

Last edited by 89magic98; 04-07-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

bump...

A good investment, people! I could not imagine how badly cracked my wires were when I removed them to install Icesharks kit.

Save yourself an engine fire and get better performance as well!

I cannot say enough good things about Dan and his products!

Jim 1987 944S
Old 04-07-2004, 01:09 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I build them as if every one is going into my car.

Kevin, I think you have the battery cable upgrade understood correctly. It has the later style negatives (two, one to inner firewall and another direct from battery to the bellhousing/motor).

Then the positive from battery to starter and fused positive from starter to the alternator. These are covered with fireproof fiberglass sleeve, are heavier wiring than stock, finer strand so no fractures, crimped, soldered and sealed tinned terminals, etc.

Then there is the supplemental positive from battery to fuse/relay box. This has a 150 amp fuse right off the battery you can bolt up all those little positives to and get protection at the battery rather than 8 feet down the line. May save your life from fire if you crash and are pinned in or knocked out. It also ups the voltage delivered to the fuse/relay board.

The reason I bring all this up is because I'm now out of the package. To do another run I need to order 500 feet of the fiberglass sleeve, which is not cheap or easily available. It is special stuff and when I make an order the plant has to crank up and make my order.

Then there are the fuses. These are special also and were sort of a hidden product that some top end car manufactures like MB started using. The high end off shore speed boats and heavy duty construction makers like Terex, you know those dump trucks that are bigger than your house?, also were using them.

Well, I got the original supply free from the product manager at LittelFuse. If I have to get some more they are going to cost some money and we have minimum quantities. Maybe someone in the indusrty that buys $50,000 in fuse products from LittelFuse can swing a deal for me, but it is going to be expensive in any event.

Which is why I posted. I need to do 20 or 25 new packages to make it work
Old 04-07-2004, 01:18 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Since I already have the ground cable, what would that knock the price down to?
Old 04-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested Dan.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:40 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Brandon, Subtract $44 from the price. I see you also got some silicone dielectric goop. Do you still have any of that left? If not, I'll include it along with the special fire wall cable ties, rubber lined cable clamps, etc

Send me a check for $100 to secure your spot in line. If this doesn't pull off I'll mail your money back. You can post around to see if I'm a crook that is going to steal your money. I know you won't find anyone.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:04 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Mike B.,

OK. Since you are in Canada and we have all the banking fees to convert money, let's make it simple. Just send me $260 and I will ship via USPS so you don't get oosik'ed on brokerage fees.

I think one order isn't going to pay up so you can have that one right now.

Regards,

Dan
Old 04-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a deal Dan. I love not waiting. I'll get a money order out to you by Friday and will email you the tracking number.

I also am adding the euro foglights. How much for one of your "real " relays. I made the mistake of picking one up at the local auto parts store and it's not up to the standard.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Apexx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

count me in for one kit
Old 04-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Dan,
You're not a crook, but you're definitely a thief. Providing awesome products that keep emptying my wallet. Damn you!

Can you tell me what the positive terminals consist of? So far, I've got the light kit, and the ground kit, I've got no reason not to round out my collection.

-Jon
Old 04-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Flight_951
Pro

I'd just like a supplemental ground cable (to go with the rest of my IceShark cable kit). Dan, can you explain where this one connects? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:07 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Flight951. I think you have the supplemental ground cable. It is the short 2 foot cable that goes from the front of the motor (balance shaft cover) down to frame rail. If you don't have this I guess I screwed up in packing so let me know and I can send you one.

Jon M, well where do I start on the positives. I've talked a bunch on Rennlist. It has the same construction techniques you see on on your headlight cable. It is heavy duty and will last longer than you will unless some 500 year life extension is discovered.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:24 PM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ice shark

Are your kits well documented for installation?

I'm a neophyte, but I learn well from drawings and instructions.

Quick Reply: Battery Cables