Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autox rant

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tom R.
I have eight and you have four. Na Na Na! My motors bigger than yours.
Yeah, but my car can turn!

Hehehehe....
-Z-man.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally posted by Z-man

Hehehehe....
-Z-man.

Low blow......
Old 03-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally posted by Z-man

Hehehehe....
-Z-man.
so can mine. in fact mine has four wheel steering, and the gas pedal operates both the accelerator, and the rear wheel steering. Just ask Adrial about the cone he dragged about 1/4 mile.

sent you a pm
Old 03-30-2004, 06:25 PM
lowendporsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy crap. i was at tobay this weekend and saw your camaro.... haha the mullet. i was sitting there like wow, that guys running a camaro, and didnt look half bad going through the cones. not half as awkward as the guy in the scion. i have some pretty good video of you, but i dont know how to put it on my computer. if your ever in babylon. drop me a line and ill show you it.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

i dont have anything good to say about the event... parking for 45 minutes between your 2 runs was no good... if this was my first autocross i wouldnt be coming back.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:10 PM
yarin
Racer

Originally posted by Dan Gallagher
i dont have anything good to say about the event... parking for 45 minutes between your 2 runs was no good... if this was my first autocross i wouldnt be coming back.
Yeah.. they really need to get their act together next time. 4 runs is POOR!They should have stuck to high/low odds/evens.

Metro always has a bad habbit of making the first autox rediculously complicated where the majority of people O/C for their first few runs. 20 people didn't even have a time... probably due to a misunderstanding of the bi-directional allowance of the figure 8.

Until next time..
Old 03-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

there is also a problem with the registration process, i wont point any fingers at specific people i dont like dealing with but would it kill you to put the right type of car nexto a person's name? if its not important enough for them to get right im not filling out the form anymore.

....next autocross i will be the one holding up the line when i hand in a empty form that just has my name on it and say "well nobody bothers to read the rest so why bother?"

me and erik shared my 87 944 turbo... according to the time sheet i drove an 84 944 and erik drove an 89 944 twin turbo (amaf? amaf?)
Old 03-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, all of the member info is obviously stored in the computer, hence the outdated car info that’s still there from last season. So why exactly do we need to fill out a form. Registration should take 2 minutes to hand over $20, and assign work.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:43 PM
yarin
Racer

They should allow you to preregister online like the M club.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:21 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You metro guys should come over to New Jersey. I'm not saying we are better, but we usually get 8 runs in, if we don't have more than 100 cars running.

Perhaps our methods may be 'primitive' by most standards, but you may take home a few things that may help make your event run smoother. Your registration and scoring process is a great example of technology slowing things down!

-Z-man.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The problems with registration were...
I hadnt used the computer in over a year since the S2 was in the shop before it was stolen, so I did squat last season. Im probably a quicker typist, but didnt have time to relearn the computer program.

If you were in the computer last year, we didnt change the cars because the line was too long, and Jon isnt the fastest typist, especially when his fingertips are freezing, and he too hadnt used the program since the fall. In the rush to get things done, we somehow didn't turn on my car number, hence no times for me at all!

Many people were in the computer but forgot their numbers so their info had to be reentered, and then there is the whole new class system. every car had to be changed.

I was lucky Adiral cleaned out, and teched the mullet for us. I first got to walk the course when the drivers meeting started, I don't think Ed even got to walk it.

It was a bit of a clusterF, but we all really tried to move the line as fast as possible so you guys could walk the course. If the choice was stand in line another five minutes or have the correct car listed, which would you choose.

We gotta get that video of the mullet posted somehow. Yarin, tell him how to post it.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:41 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, I downloaded the registration form and filled it out. It beat filling the thing out in the frozen tundra. also, the non members have to be entered each time. Maybe Ed will give me a printout of assigned numbers. then I can just glance on the list before assigning numbers. All novices will be 600s, all nonmembers say 200, all members under 100 unless they want the DE#.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:44 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Zoltan, Adrial, and the rest.... you guys are a trip. This is one seriously entertaining thread
Old 03-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

Tom, the field I’m in deals with business process engineering/re-design and project management. If you or someone wants to send me the application and/or procedure and steps for registration, I can look to help out and improve any inefficiency. Just a suggestion.

Quick Reply: Autox rant