Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-OBD diagnostic problem for a 968

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2020 | 08:32 AM
Zivaldo03
AutoX

Default T-OBD diagnostic problem for a 968

Hi,
I have a 968 from 1992. The airbag and ! lights are always ON. I dismount the both airbags but it seems that there is no problem.
I bought a T-OBD from Bergvillfx in order to understand what is the problem and try to fix it. I downloaded the scantool from his website and followed all instructions provided with the tool. Impossible to connect my car to the T-OBD. I plugged it to USB of my laptop then I connected the plug to my car. The red light of the T-OBD turns on. I turn ON the key of the car and the start the scantool. I see « connecting » but never connected even if I wait some minutes. Does anybody can help me on this subject? I tried a lot of time with different configurations but without result...
thank you in advance.
Old 11-03-2020 | 06:19 PM
thomasmryan
Drifting

is your com port above number 9? it must be 9 or lower

is the scantool.ini in the windows folder with the correct communication port number you found in device manger?

Last edited by thomasmryan; 11-03-2020 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2020 | 02:47 AM
Zivaldo03
AutoX

Originally Posted by thomasmryan
is your com port above number 9? it must be 9 or lower

is the scantool.ini in the windows folder with the correct communication port number you found in device manger?
I tried with multiple numbers (1, 3 and 5) without any result. I put scantool.ini in the windows folder. I can open the scantool but it always display connecting.
Old 11-08-2020 | 02:40 PM
Charlie
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think I can get you up and running on this. I know you have already done most of it but I will give you a step by step.

First of all create a folder on your desktop and call it something like Bergville.
Take the downloaded Bergville zipped file and put it in the Bergville folder. Unzip everything into this folder.
unplug all usb devices from computer except Bergville device
go to device manager and click on ports,
if necessary change port setting to 1. You can change to com1 if needed by going to port setting advanced. Also make sure bits per second is 9600.
Go to Bergville folder and click on scantool configuration setting and set to com1
Go to Run me to Porsche model and select 4 and hit enter
Now click on Scantool MFC application and see if it works

Last edited by Charlie; 11-09-2020 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-08-2020 | 05:27 PM
Zivaldo03
AutoX

Originally Posted by Charlie
I think I can get you up and running on this. I know you have already done most of it but I will give you a step by step.

First of all create a folder on your desktop and call it something like Bergville.
Take the downloaded Bergville zipped file and put it in the Bergville folder. Unzip everything into this folder.
unplug all usb devices from computer except Bergville device
go to device manager and click on ports
if necessary change port setting to 1
Go to Bergville folder and click on scantool configuration setting and set to com1
Go to Run me to Porsche model and select 4 and hit enter
Now click on Scantool MFC application and see if it works
I’ll try what you advise step by step tomorrow and tell you what is the result.

thank you.
Old 11-09-2020 | 04:36 PM
Zivaldo03
AutoX

Hi,
As discussed yesterday, I tried what you described step by step. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work...
When I plug the T-OBD to the car, the red light switch ON. When I start the scantool, the light blink a little bit but the interface stay at connecting state. I tried engine ON and OFF. I waited for some minutes. I tried with another laptop. I tried with different port values. Nothing worked.

Old 11-09-2020 | 06:29 PM
Charlie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yesterday when I was making sure mine was working it seemed slow and I hit the adaption button and thing popped up. Mine does not work on all the functions but Motronic works. Did you try some of the others such as airbag/
Old 11-10-2020 | 03:50 AM
Zivaldo03
AutoX

Originally Posted by Charlie
Yesterday when I was making sure mine was working it seemed slow and I hit the adaption button and thing popped up. Mine does not work on all the functions but Motronic works. Did you try some of the others such as airbag/
I tried motronic, alarm and climate control with the same result.

Quick Reply: T-OBD diagnostic problem for a 968