Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SFR customer service

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:54 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by Predator
Man... If you're so mechanically challegened that you can't R&R your shifter, I feel very sorry for you! Can you check your oil, or is this a job for your mechanic, too!
It's crappy posts like that that makes me start disliking this place. Sorry azndrvr447 that this post has turned for the worse.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:04 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ELLSSUU, I have noticed the same thing. This is not the same place I signed up for a year ago...
Old 03-15-2004, 09:26 PM
alpenweissisnice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There does seem to be a mob mentality of late...Still love the site, but it is...different...I joined to learn, to help others, and to be helped...
Old 03-15-2004, 11:04 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has had a cycle toward more animosity of late....hopefully as things warm up and people get out of their houses and driving their Porsches again all will become well.....

sorry for the continued OT....

Have you been able to drop Tim a line yet and check on your shifter? He had a great write-up of late when this topic came up and explained his costs and what all they do to it. Yes, while some people might be able to do things for less, the point is that they know what will work because they've already spent the time trying various things out and it's good that they can make some money for their innovation, so I am often more than happy to pay a bit more for something that is already there than to use up who knows how much time to come up with something similar. Rich said he recently tried to replicate the Iceshark cables for less....by the time he had parts to do it with less quality even...he was still at almost the same price and still had to assemble them himself. Said they were still good, but not of the quality that Ice's were and he'd spent a lot of time himself researching and gathering things to do it. Plus you know you are ordering something that works, not trying something out where you may just toss your money away.....

Anyway, I hope you get and thoroughly enjoy the shifter!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't really call he design innovative, as the concept has been around for a while. I would indeed call it much, much, much more cost effective than the alternatives out there though. What is SFR's kit, like $100.00? I spent probably twice that for the RPM d'avant Gard shifter in my car 5 years ago and it is probably no better a product than what Tim is offering (same concept though).

Regarding the atmosphere around here, it is cyclical. I've been on Rennlist starting out in on the e-mail list since around fall 1998 and there was pissing and flaming then too. The pissing matches ebb and flow. Just try and avoid them and let them drop when you can and don't let people bait you into a fight if possible. I am really bad about getting lured into a pissing match, but I'm getting better I swear.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha man such viciousness...

Quick Reply: SFR customer service