Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Surprises Every Day!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 03:53 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Surprises Every Day!

When i first bought my '86 944T I noticed some odd wiring here and there. Now due to the fact that the car ran, (Fairly well) and it's been freezing cold out i didnt pay much attention to the wiring or the fact that my car only blew hot air. So as it's been warming up ive been meaning to get under the dash and fix the heater clip. Today i got under there and was going to fix the heater clip and the wiring issues but man, there is so much stuff down there. The PO aparently had some sort of phone system installed (which is why i have that antenna on my fender that some of you pointed out as being incorrect for my model), and ive found a Clifford Alarm system. The phone system wont be hard to remove, however the alarm poses a different problem. If I could get it to work, i'd love to leave it in just for some peace of mind from the common thug, however i cant find what model it is, so i can try and get a remote and activate it. It says "Clifford Intellisensor" on one black box under the dash, and on the other it says, "Clifford IPS intergrated Protection System". Does anyone have any insight into this alarm system? Should i just go about removing it since it's probably incredibly out of date anyway?

Quick Reply: New Surprises Every Day!