Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before And After Pic's Let's see them..

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 02:02 AM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh yes, and can you please give me info on the process to convert a pacer into a 928?
Old 03-13-2004, 02:11 AM
starr944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by patrat
oh yes, and can you please give me info on the process to convert a pacer into a 928?
No, but I can show you the plans to turn a VW into a 911:

http://www.covintechnical.pwp.blueyo...robs-build.htm

I'm sorry, but that seems retarded.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:12 AM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by MTM

Before:

[/B]
Is it just me, or is this car sitting in my driveway? How's the S2 doing Matt? I sold my 944
Old 03-13-2004, 03:29 AM
MTM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you sold it already?! How much did you get for it, and what are you planning on getting to replace it?

The S2 is still running well except that the transmission seems a little too noisy. I'm planning on going autocrossing next weekend.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:44 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, It goes something like this...
Before

After a SUV did it's thing

and since the body's twisted, I stripped it for parts....

Then after I put the parts on another body

See, there are happy endings.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:51 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,329 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally posted by Lead Foot 944
Hmmm, so it is a factory Turbo bumper, what about the supports and stuff, or did you just use the cover, is it a direct swap....Or does it require driiling holes, etc....The body work is not the problem that saves me $900...but I am very curious to know more about this...I also have an early 944...

DAmian
Yeah mine was an early model too, umm there are some custome supports in there but they are similiar to the original supports. -chris
Old 03-13-2004, 05:15 AM
MTM
Pro

Hey, just out of curiosity, do any of you guys consider your own modifications to be "rice"? I ask this because it seems like most people here are highly against anyone doing this sort of thing to Hondas or other Japanese cars.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:18 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by MTM
Hey, just out of curiosity, do any of you guys consider your own modifications to be "rice"? I ask this because it seems like most people here are highly against anyone doing this sort of thing to Hondas or other Japanese cars.
What?

I see people tastefully improving their cars, or putting them back to pristine stock shape. The ones that are improved, are generally done with factory or "factory-like" parts.

Granted, my car is sortof a bastard with parts from a 928, 931, 944, 951, and 968. But still in keeping with "what could have been" if one had full cart blanche to a p-car factory parts bin.... Red tail lights are a common upgrade, first seen on euro cars. Wheels, seats, and safety equipment are all normal upgrades that are seen on any car, especially the safety equipment and seats are common on a car that sees autox and track duty.

I see no fart can exhaust, no LEDs, no TypeR decals (or in our case, no "turbo" badges on a 944), no wheels sticking out past fender lips, no huge biplane spoliers. No hydraulics, no neon underlights, no 3' decals in japanese on the back window. No fake turbo blow-off valves.

So, no, not "rice".

Hell, if a Honda is modded the same way we do our cars, that's not "rice". I see nothing wrong with a nice Civic that has a higher HP motor, better suspension with a slightly more aggressive stance and wheels.

Tastefully done, it's good on any car. German, Japanese, American, Yugoslavian, Italian, etc. Well, maybe not Yugoslavian. Are there any Yugo's left on the road?

Old 03-13-2004, 10:02 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

heres a honda i just painted that is getting acura brakes, a prelude motor, coilovers, 18" race wheels and a carbon fibre hood, jdm headlights, etc etc.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,329 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally posted by tifosiman
What?

I see people tastefully improving their cars, or putting them back to pristine stock shape. The ones that are improved, are generally done with factory or "factory-like" parts.

Granted, my car is sortof a bastard with parts from a 928, 931, 944, 951, and 968. But still in keeping with "what could have been" if one had full cart blanche to a p-car factory parts bin.... Red tail lights are a common upgrade, first seen on euro cars. Wheels, seats, and safety equipment are all normal upgrades that are seen on any car, especially the safety equipment and seats are common on a car that sees autox and track duty.

I see no fart can exhaust, no LEDs, no TypeR decals (or in our case, no "turbo" badges on a 944), no wheels sticking out past fender lips, no huge biplane spoliers. No hydraulics, no neon underlights, no 3' decals in japanese on the back window. No fake turbo blow-off valves.

So, no, not "rice".

Hell, if a Honda is modded the same way we do our cars, that's not "rice". I see nothing wrong with a nice Civic that has a higher HP motor, better suspension with a slightly more aggressive stance and wheels.

Tastefully done, it's good on any car. German, Japanese, American, Yugoslavian, Italian, etc. Well, maybe not Yugoslavian. Are there any Yugo's left on the road?

Well said..
Old 03-13-2004, 06:50 PM
MTM
Pro

I have to admit, I like the look of the 968 mirrors and door handles. I would also like to have a 968 rear end. I think it looks much cleaner than that of a 944. Even just painting the 944 taillights all red is kinda interesting. But I'm not a big fan of having a PORSCHE decal plastered across the windshield, having side skirts, a huge exhaust tip, or big wheels that are painted black, chrome, or painted to match the car. I'm not too sure about removing the bumper pads and pushing in the bumper shocks.

Even though most of the modifications are very minor and can be considered tasteful, I still think that if we saw them done to a Honda, a lot of people would say that it's riced out. For example, look at this car:

It has a larger than normal exhaust pipe, side skirts, replacement rear bumper, clear turn signals, a different spoiler thing on top, and some stickers in the window. I could point out examples of all of those same modifications on some of our 944's. I'm not saying that I think they're distasteful or anything. I just think it's strange how people react differently when they see them on different types of cars.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:51 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a very tastefully done civic, nothing too extreme, just a little more streamlined. It doesnt look like its trying to ingest trash cans or plow snow, but its also not the factory unit either.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Ben Plaisted
Racer

Rice....
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

that's horrid
Old 03-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Ben Plaisted
Racer

Not rice...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Before And After Pic's Let's see them..