Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have or sat in Momo Rookie seat???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have or sat in Momo Rookie seat???

If so, how was the fit for your size. I am 5'9 and ~175lb and thinking about the seat, but have not sat in one.

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone have or sat in Momo Rookie seat???

Originally posted by Riff
If so, how was the fit for your size. I am 5'9 and ~175lb and thinking about the seat, but have not sat in one.

Thanks,
You should fit plenty fine. Hard for me to say if it will be loose or not. We have one in our Sentra SE-R race car and I fit at 5'10"/250lbs. Well, sort of fit. I can just barely squeeze my butt in the seat. I think it would be an ideal fit for someone around your size to 200 lbs. My business partner (who owns the SE-R) is 5'10"/150lbs and the seat is a bit big for him.

I suspect it will not be snug on you.

Me? I need a "butthorn" to get in it. The only reason I fit is the sides are not overly large.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Thanks Geo!!! Believe me, right after the holidays I would have been close on the fitting...I have been on a "weight reduction" plan to make my car faster for AX

BTW sweet looking helmet in that avatar!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:20 AM
snakepliskin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Riff,

I have (had) the Momo Rookie in the race car...I am 6'2" and 180ish, My dad is 5'8", approx same wight, both of us fit snugly. (of course, not at the same time!)

FWIW, I would only recommend this seat if its is going to be used in a race car, not in a daily driver. After I took mine out of the racer, I thought I would give it a try in the 944. Kept it in for only a week as it is really uncomfortable to sit in that seat while commuting in Atlanta traffic. My legs would fall asleep before I got to work! Also, the thigh bolsters (bucket) are pretty high, which makes getting in and out of the car kind of an excercise in flexibilty. It did look cool, though.

Also, not positive about this, but I think they do make the seat in different widths. Maybe inquire about this from the dealer.

Hope this helps,

Mike
Old 03-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a pair in my daily driven 924S and have had them for nearly 4 years. I am 6'5" and around 215lbs and I fit just fine. I added the thigh supports and the Sparco seat bottom cushion and find that improved comfort quite a bit, to the point where long distance driving is no concern at all. The only issue I have is they are kind of awkward to climb in and out of.

They are a PITA to mount since the sliders mount a couple inches narrower on the seats than the stock mounting points on the floor of the car. You have to use custom mounts of some sort or go the sketchy route and drill through the floor and use backing plates.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Mike and Mike! (Mike Squared?)

Thanks for the additional input! The car is basically for AX and or weekend fun, not a daily driver anymore... I think the longest I will be sitting in the seat will be the commute to and from the AX site (~1.5hr one way) and or the track.

Noted the mounting issues. I believe the one I will be getting has the seat mounts/sliders already in place from a 951. Should be plug n play!

Thanks again,
Riff
Old 03-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, it would be Mike squared except that I go by Michael.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Riff
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Manning
Well, it would be Mike squared except that I go by Michael.
Mea Culpa.....No offense intended....I hate when people mangle my name, that is why I go by Riff.....

Best to you!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

No offense taken really. Everybody just assumes. It's funny I used to be adamant about being called Mike when I was a kid since I was only called Michael by my folks when I was in trouble. I guess around 15-20 years ago I change my mind and started going by Michael. Mike is kind of a dude name, while Michael is an archangel, leader of Heaven's army. A little more powerful, no?

So now I'm curious, what name do folks mangle?
Old 03-12-2004, 11:56 AM
snakepliskin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Riff,

I have (had) the Momo Rookie in the race car...I am 6'2" and 180ish, My dad is 5'8", approx same wight, both of us fit snugly. (of course, not at the same time!)

FWIW, I would only recommend this seat if its is going to be used in a race car, not in a daily driver. After I took mine out of the racer, I thought I would give it a try in the 944. Kept it in for only a week as it is really uncomfortable to sit in that seat while commuting in Atlanta traffic. My legs would fall asleep before I got to work! Also, the thigh bolsters (bucket) are pretty high, which makes getting in and out of the car kind of an excercise in flexibilty. It did look cool, though.

Also, not positive about this, but I think they do make the seat in different widths. Maybe inquire about this from the dealer.

Hope this helps,

Mike
Old 03-12-2004, 12:03 PM
snakepliskin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Uh, sorry for double post...my computer stinks...

..I am usually Mike, unless I am in trouble, then I am MICHAEL! Or affectionatley..Snake...

Michael has good advice in adding the cushions/pads to the seats.

-Mike/Michael/Snake/Big Mike

Quick Reply: Anyone have or sat in Momo Rookie seat???