Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testors Paint in Walmart

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 10:12 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Testors Paint in Walmart

I was in Walmart tonight looking for Aircraft Remover, and what do i find? But of course testors 'transparent candy apple red paint.' I have heard about it before, but i didnt realize how readily available it was! I am hoping to paint over my amber turn signals on the rear of my car.

Anyways, so i got the testors paint and i also found the aircraft remover for refinishing my phone dials. It was a very productive shopping trip!

So many projects! Can't wait to get the car out from hibernation in May.
-Erich
Old 03-11-2004, 10:35 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aww Walmart I hate that place. It's the only place that ID's me for fuel cleaner and spray paint. I always tell them if someone is stupid enough to drink that **** then maybe they are better off dead. I also tell them that I'm going to drink it when they ask for my ID.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:06 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

I hear ya, they ID'ed me tonight to buy the "spray paint." Its so silly...but hey they had exactly what i needed and it was cheap
Old 03-11-2004, 11:41 PM
Supachink
Racer

wtf, where do u live that they id you to buy stuff besides beer in a walmart... i could buy all the ingredients to make a fertilizer bomb, wearing a shirt that says i will kill everyone at a local walmart here and they will tell me to have a nice day with a smile, or they will be so lethargic bc they hate their job so much that they forget to charge me for half of the **** i am taking... lol thats funny though ... IDing for spray paint.. good chuckle... btw i like the all red tails, i might look in to doing it too
Old 03-11-2004, 11:47 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

About ID'ing - IRRC its some silly law around here, i remember last summer buying spray paint from the local Sears Hardware and i was also carded. The clerk said something about cutting down on the amount of underage kids spray painting things. I think its funny cause i live in a very suburban/rural township, its not like its north philly

On the lights - i think at first im just going to paint the amber cell red and see how it looks. Then maybe i'll also paint the white reverse cell...im still undecided about that. We'll see and i'll post pics wheni get around to it.

Later!
Erich
Old 03-12-2004, 12:25 AM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

I've heard of some places IDing because kids are using the spray paint for grafittish purposes.

BB.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:29 AM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

I asked the lady and she says "kids use the fuel cleaner to get high" So now I tell them that I drink the stuff for the fun of it whenever they ask for my ID. Also for the paint I tell them I have a bunch of kids outside paying be big bucks for the spray paint because they want to spray paint all the cars in the parking lot.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:32 AM
Fixn2xlr8
Bunny with a Mission
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Might be to keep kids from trying to get high with the stuff. I wonder if they card if I were to buy an hatchet, trash bags, mop and bucket, rope and duck tape at the same time?
Old 03-12-2004, 12:48 AM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

It's a funny place man when I bought condoms and motor oil at the same time for a birthday prank. The lady looked at me in a weird way I had a friend with me and was saying that the motor oil will be a good lub. You know how they always smile and say "Have a good night/day" depending what the time is. Well the lady said that and I was like "Yea we will in a very evil way" the lady was about to roll on the floor from laughing so much. Basically this place is funny you can buy some stuff without asking anything and others with getting ID for. Also when up at Dave's place we (Mike,Dave,and me) went to walmart to buy a tarp to cover an engine and when we were cashing out I think it was Mike and I saying "hey do you think a body would be covered pretty good with this?" it was so funny but Mike had to laugh lol Another good walmart store is when we bought about 125 boxes of Jello for girls to wrestle in at a party we had a my girlfriends out since her parents went out of town. Bought a kiddy pool,125 boxes of Jello and buckets. It was pretty funny cause we told the cashier that we had 125 boxes of Jello but what does she do ring all 125 boxes of Jello while doing this my friend Josh saw some chicks and they asked what all the Jello was for.

Quick Reply: Testors Paint in Walmart