Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"rare colored p-car" pic-post

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Duke
Nice to see I have 2 cars in this thread

This is my former 968:
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/968_4.jpg

Some guys are just TOO lucky dammit! Of course, I guess you deserve a little luck, considering your situation w/trying to get parts you've paid for... Did you ever get that straightened out or anything? IIRC, it was somewhere in SC- can't be more than ~8-10hrs away from me- maybe we CAN get a little neck-tie party together
Old 03-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Robby
Some guys are just TOO lucky dammit! Of course, I guess you deserve a little luck, considering your situation w/trying to get parts you've paid for... Did you ever get that straightened out or anything? IIRC, it was somewhere in SC- can't be more than ~8-10hrs away from me- maybe we CAN get a little neck-tie party together

Hehe! Take a look under "Prev. Porsches" under "Gustaf's" in the menu of my website (link in footer) for more pictures of the 968!

Still haven't got my parts But hopefully a Rennlister, Jason - username jason952, will stop by his house and during a PCA meeting closeby in the near future!

Any Rennlisters visiting the PCA meeting should join him!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:07 AM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

Robby, your links are wrong, they have "http" twice.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by i am a TRAITOR
Robby, your links are wrong, they have "http" twice.

Thanks... That is VERY ANNOYING to do all that crap & then end up w/a long string of boxes w/red "X's" in them....
Old 03-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

BTW- is there a Nice & Full, Mid-Size Titz Pennsyltucky? That's where I think I'D want to live...
Old 03-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want one of those roof racks Any info

It is the factory original 944 roof rack.

I got one of those
Old 03-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Hey, where did that picture of a Cobalt Blue S2 cab/ chrome wheels come from? Is that a US car? Do you know any details so i can add it to my list of known Cobalt cars. Theres only one S2 Cab i know of, but it doesnt have chrome!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Frank944S
Intermediate

BTW- is "Nautic Metallic" a rare color?

This one is on the Nürburgring (shortly before the rubber donut on the clutch went, had to be towed from the ring, pretty embarrassing)

Old 03-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Ok here is one of mine! I think its time to polish wax again! The reflections aren't strong enough! (although...it was overcast...)

Old 03-03-2004, 01:14 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally posted by iloveporsches
May be, may not. If anyone at 944fest has Graphite, we'll find out! The paint codes are different numbers and letters though, where as india/guards have the same paint codes. Either way, the two are probably very similar, maybe just varying amounts of metallic flakes.
I have the graphite and I'll be there, so we'll definitely see what the scoop is.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Blue S2
Hey, where did that picture of a Cobalt Blue S2 cab/ chrome wheels come from? Is that a US car? Do you know any details so i can add it to my list of known Cobalt cars. Theres only one S2 Cab i know of, but it doesnt have chrome!
Are you referring to the first pic in my string of pics? If so, I'm not sure, exactly- I know I have a couple of your car, that I've gotten at various times off this list- I LOVE it BTW- do you have anymore good shots of your's? If so, send me a PM & I'll reply w/my e-mail adress & you can send some to me if you don't mind(?). You know, it MIGHT have come from Duke- Duke? I'm pretty sure I got it on the very same day I got my first pic of Duke's car- the rainforest green- I LOVE that car too- it's incredible IMO- I've always liked dark hunter green cars, like VW Corrados, etc in that color- I think that w/a white (linen) interior would be one of the NICEST colors to have- I'm about to post a nice red that I don't know the name of- anyway, other blues would probably be better for me than the rainforest green, since they would be lighter- I LIKE light colors to keep the sun from heating them up- I will NEVER own another black car again- my 89 Integra was black0 had it for 9yrs- looks good when kept up, but... anyway, I'd take a 951 in just about any blue or green, ESPECIALLY if w/linen interior...

Anyway, I never was never really impressed at ALL w/944's in general- one day I was driving up a local highway- had stopped at a light & was accelrating from it when it runed green- I had just gone to 2nd (my 1st Gen integra 89) & saw a dark green 944 turning onto the highway from my right- he was going my direction & as I moved to the left lane to give him a full right lane, I noticed that he was giving it a little gas- I was JUST about to shift & went ahead & floored it, to wind out 2nd- I was in the perfect zone- I was almost to 4000rpms (where the power starts in the Acura) & as I passed him, my car was winding out hard- he went ahead & floored it & all of the sudden, he was slightly ahead of me & I saw the car squat majorly as he grabbed the next gear- it was then that I noticed, through the dust & grime (the car was dirty & it was dusk) the little word on the right rear fender- "Turbo" I saw the car around a few times & I really liked it a LOT! It was beautiful when it was clean, etc- Duke's car is identical to it- not sure the year, but, that was 89 I think, so, the car couldn't have been more than ~3yrs old... That's always in the back of my mind whenever I see Duke's car- I would love to have a few more pics of it too... I THINK I got the pic of the blue cab the same time as I first got a copy of Duke's. He had just posted a few pics of his car as it had just been painted IIRC.

ALSO- the crhome wheels- I'm pretty sure they are factory- my Turbo S wheels are identical- I had them refinished & that is how they came out- I've also seen a slightly off-color looking finish- not sure what is supposed to be stock, but, they COULD have varied it slightly- I'm just hoping my Cup 2's look good when I get them- I just bought some from Tony Garcia. IF I have to have them refinished, I'm not sure what I'll be doing IF there's an optional finish- my car is Zermatt Silver- any opinions on what I should do, based on my car's color?
Old 03-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not sure what shade of red this is, but, I REALLY like it- in certain lights it looks REALLY cool- in other's it's a hair purple-ish, but... BTW- S2- yeah, you're right, that paint really DOES look pretty bad- I can't believe you'd let it get that dirty & dull- I'd be embarrased to ride around in something like that... You know, I'll tell you what- it looks SO BAD, that you should probably jsut go ahead & SELL it- I'll be a nice guy & give you $1K for it & do my best to bring it back up to an acceptable level...

Old 03-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Frank944S
Intermediate

Summer Yellow anyone?! P-L-E-A-S-E!
(bump)
Old 03-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Frank944S
Intermediate

Summer Yellow anyone?! P-L-E-A-S-E!
(bump)