Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reconditioned injectors where to buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 02:57 PM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T&T Racing
My experience with used injectors or rebuilt one's with no test results have been not good. Is the used injector match the other 3 in low impedance, resistance pulse coil or is it high resistance which would upset the firing.
I honestly never had it checked (never thought of it at the time). I asked around and there didn’t seem to be any local shops that could test them (and after a long winter I wanted to get my car on the road).
Old 01-31-2020, 04:16 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 363 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbum
There are no other symptoms at all and on the second start the car runs perfect.

This started last spring when I changed my AOS, removing the old injectors caused the old plastic to break and as such I replaced the broken injectors..the problem started after this.

It is a bit of a shot in the dark but as the injectors are 30 years old and one was replaced with a used injector I would like to throw in a known good set. (And hope that’s my issue)

I am still maintaining my theory. If the car runs perfect at any one time, the injectors are firing fine. The injector is an electrical item, typically they operate, fail or get gummed up and perform poorly, but typically consistent. The fact that the engine performs perfect after a second start tells me the injectors are firing fine and to look somewhere else. Just trying to help direct towards more likely scenarios. I am leaning towards a bad fuel pump check valve or weak DME fuel pump relay. Good luck and let us know what you try and what works for you!

RGS
- Radiator Grille Store

OEM Look, Economical Protection
www.radiatorgrillestore.com

The following users liked this post:
plumbum (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 09:35 PM
T&T Racing
Drifting

Received 345 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbum
I honestly never had it checked (never thought of it at the time). I asked around and there didn’t seem to be any local shops that could test them (and after a long winter I wanted to get my car on the road).
Send all 4 to SouthBay Fuel Injector Service for cleaning and testing. This clarifies one uncertainty.

I did it and removed fuel injectors as the possible problem
The following users liked this post:
plumbum (01-31-2020)

Quick Reply: Reconditioned injectors where to buy