Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAHAHAHAH ALIVE...for real this time!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004 | 09:03 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Default HAHAHAHAH ALIVE...for real this time!!

Well. After changing the fuel dampner and regulator we tried to start my dads car again. And, It crapped out again. no idle. So he left the gas pushed for about 3 min. and let off it real real easy and It idled. Which had happened before when I started it when he wasnt there. .
(and the SFR exhaust sounds SWEET!) so he left It Idling and our neighbor came over and brought up the idea tht maybe the gas was just bad,
with an explanation that gas is just refined oil and oil is a bunch 'o dead dinosaurs. And it made since seeing as it had been sitting in the tank for 4 months.so he tightened all the bolts on the suspention and we drove it back out into the driveway and turned it on and to our surprise it idled eithout having to leave it on with the gas pushed for a while.

which is when I took these pics.
(the car was idling)
Old 02-28-2004 | 09:03 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Old 02-28-2004 | 09:08 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

And so we drove to the gas station and When we braked the car never cut off although it ran kinda funny every once and a while.
We filled it up and In front of us was a white 944. Kinda beat up. And i had my renn cards with me and I was going to give him one when the owner came out. ( pretty young) and saw us and said we had a nice car!
And I said , "so do you ,man." and he left. then we went to advance an we pull behind a 911!! wow . and we picked up some fuel cleaner ansd stuff and put it in the tank right there. when we got home it started up when you turn the key and idles fine!!
I guesse it just need some gas and some time to run
My dad was pretty happy!
Old 02-28-2004 | 09:14 PM
Pearceman3
Addict
Rennlist Member

nice man!
Old 02-28-2004 | 09:18 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

oh oh oh. and notice the front wheels!
he messed up the camber bad!!!
were goin to get it alighned(sp) monday though.
atleast he could take the corners well with the wheels like that.

Quick Reply: HAHAHAHAH ALIVE...for real this time!!