Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof Last one I promise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 12:45 PM
martylemoo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof Last one I promise!!!

Ok,
Sunroof works exactly as it should ie raises and lowers and releases but when i lock the car the sunroof opens and when i drive down the road the roof opens. Anyone know why it would do this and how do i fix? I promise this is my last sunroof post if i cannot get it to work after this then i will definately be giving in and going manual. Also anyone want some manual catches as i have a couple of sets!!
thanks
Martyn
Old 02-28-2004, 01:34 PM
scottz
Advanced

I'll buy some manual latches from you.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Antonio951
Drifting

you mean like the sunroof opens when you hit a certain speed? If thats the case then one of the latches is not latched to the roof. Mine was like that and i have new gears for it but have not changed it yet.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:11 PM
MHT
Burning Brakes

do you mean that the roof is actually open at those times, or that you can manually open the roof, push it up? If it's the latter, the problem is that the arms are not stopping in the right place, they should not be fully retracted when you close the roof, they should stop in a position to lock the roof closed. Check the microswitches in the rear of the car, make sure the mounting bracket for the switches is not broken or bent, set the switches to turn off the motor just as the arms reach the uppermost point on the ramp in the roof.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:13 PM
TheMAXX
Instructor

I have an 84 and as I understand the sunroof mechanism is a little different in the newer cars. I found on mine if I move the adjustment too far towards the back of the hatch area, then the arms retract all the way to the release position. So my question to you is when you close the roof and then push up on it is it locked in place? Or is it loose? Does it only go to the release position? If it is intermittently releasing then it should be a miner adjustment at the sunroof motor assembly in the rear hatch area. If it is always going to the released position then it is just a little bit more of an adjustment of the same thing.

Quick Reply: Sunroof Last one I promise!!!