Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoX Guru's - Koni shock settings and tire pressures?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Z, while I do agree that it would probably be wise to gain more expierience in the 83 before tracking the Turbo. You try staring at this thing every night in your garage, then sitting in the driver's seat and making engine noises, and then NOT drive it the first chance you get!!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

8??? EIGHT??? You get E*I*G*H*T runs! Regionally in SCCA we're lucky to get 4 - usually 3. PCA we *usually* get 4. I think my car would spit sticky lube all over the place if the wife and I put her thru 16 runs in one day... schweet!

"I gotta get outta this place..."

NICE CAR, KEN! WOW!!! The only thing is needs now is more than 0 miles
Old 02-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah Skip, eight! All timed, too! Pretty good for events that often excede 100 drivers. We get ZERO runs other than that, no practice runs, no test and tune, and no fun runs.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Ken
Burning Brakes

My 83 has held up well all year with dual drivers and all those runs. And she's done well to boot!

I'm working on the 0 miles part. It's tough considering I'd probably get pulled over in about 5 minutes if I took it on the street. And that's if it lasted 5 minutes with all these pot holes and the 1500/1000 springs! Does anybody have a road course I could borrow?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:26 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Oh sure, Zoltan goes riiight on ahead with the smack talk while I'm studying for an exam...TYPICAL!

Zoltan happened to fail to mention his R COMPOUND tires compared to my street rubber....

The 951 will be ready for your little S2. Only thing you got going for you is that that little S2 is RED...and we all know RED is faster than WHITE. I bet you if I took a can of YELLOW spray paint to the taurus you'd be begging for mercy!

See you at the track! I haven't registered for any DE's yet, but that will come soon.

Ken, I think you may find your n/a to be more fun to drive @ autox than your new turbo...
Old 02-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally posted by adrial
Oh sure, Zoltan goes riiight on ahead with the smack talk while I'm studying for an exam...TYPICAL!

Zoltan happened to fail to mention his R COMPOUND tires compared to my street rubber....

The 951 will be ready for your little S2. Only thing you got going for you is that that little S2 is RED...and we all know RED is faster than WHITE. I bet you if I took a can of YELLOW spray paint to the taurus you'd be begging for mercy!
That's all you can come up with: putting the smack down on my car's color?!? You must be fried from all that studying!
Adrial again:
See you at the track! I haven't registered for any DE's yet, but that will come soon.
I guess I may see you in the pit/paddock area, but not on the track: I haven't run in GREEN/YELLOW for two years now!

How do you like THEM APPLES!
-Z.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Dave
Race Car

Ken, I think you may find your n/a to be more fun to drive @ autox than your new turbo...
Yeah, but WE can have a lot more FUN watching him drive the turbo! (Must remember not to flag in the AM!) Betcha we know when the boost hits the same time that he knows it!
Old 02-25-2004, 07:49 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

If the 944 isn't ready you'll be watchin the taurus take FTD once I get it painted in Ferrari YELLOW...

2 years ago I just became of age to vote...

What do you think of them apples old man? Try not to hurt yourself bolting up those Rcompounds, OK?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:54 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Dave
Yeah, but WE can have a lot more FUN watching him drive the turbo! (Must remember not to flag in the AM!) Betcha we know when the boost hits the same time that he knows it!

"Gee that sounds like a jet flying awfully low..." ... "Nope, Ken is running the turbo today"
Old 02-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Dave
Race Car

I was actually thinking of the oversteer when the boost hits!
Old 02-25-2004, 08:02 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

I know but I couldn't think of anything to take that any farther so I went in a different direction.

My wit isn't so sharp right now.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

Dave, Adrial,
If your car is still acting up in march you are welcome to share the mullet with me at Tobay. That's assuming you can "handle" a car with a "real" motor.

It is "go fast red" too.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Z-man
Race Director

If the 944 isn't ready you'll be watchin the taurus take FTD once I get it painted in Ferrari YELLOW...

2 years ago I just became of age to vote...

What do you think of them apples old man? Try not to hurt yourself bolting up those Rcompounds, OK?
Cute, Adrial.

Speaking of r-compounds (and trying desperately to save this thread from all the trash-talk), IMHO, it is best for a beginner autocrosser to stay away from sticky r-compound tires for at least a season or two. Why? A few reasons:
1. A newbie won't be able to maximize such an expensive tire.
2. R-compounds will improve times even if a person is driving poorly. It's better to learn the basics of going faster first, then add the R's.

Same thing applies to modifying the suspension and engine: stay stock as long as possible: you'll learn more and be a better driver quicker!

-Z-man.

Quick Reply: AutoX Guru's - Koni shock settings and tire pressures?