Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Addition?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 12:06 AM
sweetskillsrk
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default New Addition?

Found this one a few days ago and I've been mulling it over ever since. The current owner hasn't had it for long and he said he wasn't sure when the belts and water pump were done. The interior is dirty, but not moldy according to the owner and he said the engine turns over but the starter is weak and it won't fire. Overall, it looks to be in good shape. The script seats are nice and the body and paint seem to be in good shape too. It's a 4 hour drive for me one way, but given the price it seems like a good shot. I've got my white 88 that needs some work, but I'd love to think I could get this one on the road and drive it while I'm working on my other one. I miss driving a 944 so much, I'm ready to be back on the road in one. Thoughts? Thanks.

Landen
Old 09-01-2019, 01:23 AM
DSMblue
Three Wheelin'

Received 200 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetskillsrk
Found this one a few days ago and I've been mulling it over ever since. The current owner hasn't had it for long and he said he wasn't sure when the belts and water pump were done. The interior is dirty, but not moldy according to the owner and he said the engine turns over but the starter is weak and it won't fire. Overall, it looks to be in good shape. The script seats are nice and the body and paint seem to be in good shape too. It's a 4 hour drive for me one way, but given the price it seems like a good shot. I've got my white 88 that needs some work, but I'd love to think I could get this one on the road and drive it while I'm working on my other one. I miss driving a 944 so much, I'm ready to be back on the road in one. Thoughts? Thanks.

Landen
Car has definitely been repainted at some point (rear license attachment is in body color instead of black, and missing the model designation). Dash is almost certainly very cracked. since it has a cover on it. While it seems like a decent price, you would probably be ahead of the game to invest the money into repairing your 88 instead.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:39 PM
h011yw00d
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^this. The license plate bracket being red screams rattlecan. And no pic of the engine doesn't help. 4 hours drive for a hard "nope" I'd say.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:00 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 539 Posts

I mean, you should probably listen to the other replies, but $2k seems like a pretty good deal, especially if you can wrench. There are red flags, for sure, here but...

I make bad choices, though, so take my vote for what it's worth.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:39 PM
sweetskillsrk
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the replies and advice. I missed the paint job, good catch. The dash wouldn't bother me, but yeah, no pictures of the engine and the questionable paint, 4 hours, yeah, I'll pass. Thanks yall.

Quick Reply: New Addition?