Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning, do not buy parts from this company!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019 | 05:05 PM
Breakaway944
Rennlist Member

Default Warning, do not buy parts from this company!

I was looking for an isv mount and this company, Einmalig, had it listed as available used. I went to order it and the shipping was $26 and change. Not wanting to pay that much shipping for a 2.5"x2.5" part that wheighs less then 3oz I decided to order a couple of other items. I ordered a washer, a bolt for the knock sensor(wsm states to only use Porsche part with no washer-looks like generic bolt to me), the figure eight washer for the referance sensor, the rubber mounts for the isv and the holder for the speed and referance sensor plugs. After waiting a long time for them to ship, they finally shipped the items, minus the isv mount and the figure eight washer. Here is my invoice

Notice the shipping for those four items - $29.13
Worse, when I tried to use the bolt it would not work! In the picture below you can see it is bent!!!

I called yesterday to inquire about the missing part and the person who answered the phone said he was just a mechanic and knew nothing. He took down my info and said someone will call me back. Since no one called me back I just called them now to inquire again. The person who answered the phone asked for my order number, then asked what the problem was. I said I only recieved four out of the six items. He got real nasty and told me I should have an email saying they were not going to ship the other two items. I told him I did not get the email. He said it must be in my spam folder, it is not-I checked. I then asked to be refunded the $26 in shipping charges that was being charged for that one item. He got even nastier, yelling at me and told me that the shipping charges are what ups charges them ($29.13 for those four little parts - I do a lot of shipping and I can ship a 15"×15"×15" box weighing 37lb to cali for less) and to send everything back to them. I said no problem. This was the whole conversation, actually me talking, him yelling. Nastiest person I have ever dealt with.
Normally I only order from the usual "trusted" vendors on this site. None of them have this part. Initially I was going to order the other small parts from these "trusted" vendors, the only reason I decided to order from this company was the $26+ shipping for the one part. I have had "trusted" vendors make mistakes (it happens to everyone) before but they always make it RIGHT. And they do so in a polite and proffesional manner. This company is just nasty.
Again, EINMALIG in California is a nasty company, with nasty employees, that do not have the parts in stock they say they have, and some of thier parts are JUNK. How do you bend a 8.8 bolt!
Old 08-29-2019 | 06:05 PM
PetePorsche
Advanced

What suprises me even more is how you bend a 8.8 bolt without completely ducking up the thread.
So I reckon as far as your experience goes it sure will be Einmalig (for those who aren't that fluid in German, it means One time only.)
Old 08-29-2019 | 06:19 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Did you consider buying those small parts new from Porsche?

If you look up the number of those (92811019110) mounts, they are cheaper new from the online Porsche dealerships like <Sunset> than used from that vendor. Worth checking first in future
The following users liked this post:
Jay Wellwood (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019 | 09:18 PM
Breakaway944
Rennlist Member

Peteporsche
Thanks for the translation!
I wondered about that bolt and looking at it closer it looks like a used bolt that was badly rusted ghat they had replated.

you can see a lot of markings on it. The threads are all pitted, like they were really rusted at some point. It is either a very low quality bolt or a used one replated. It is supposed to be new.
Anyone know what the real bolt looks like? The one for the knock sensor.
I also ordered a washer for my headers because 7 of them were thick and the 8th one had three thin washers. I was sent a thin washer. Are they supposed to be thin or thick?

Magk944
The part i wanted was the mount those rubber pieces attach to that attaches to the block. That mount is NLA and since it is just a piece of aluminum I was willing to buy it used. After I saw the $26 shipping chargefor that one part I decided to order the other parts. The rubber mounts I ordered are new, I already have used ones Yes it could have been a little cheaper elsewhere, but adding in the additional shipping, I thought it was cheaper this way.
Old 08-30-2019 | 04:16 PM
PetePorsche
Advanced

I don't know for sure about the washers, but the bolt, well, I regularly replace original rusted/pitted/otherwise less desirable bolts with just regular 8.8 zinc plated hardware, as far as I've experienced this never made a significant difference.
Old 09-02-2019 | 09:59 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

When possible, always, always, always, always request USPS Priority Mail flat rate for shipping.
I ship around a hundred packages a month. USPS. I could have shipped that for about $9 if it all weighed under a pound, non-flat rate.

UPS shipping rates are a joke.
And they smashed a $15,000 machine of mine, screwing me on the insurance payout.
Old 09-02-2019 | 10:35 PM
DSMblue
Three Wheelin'

Sorry for your experience. I looked up the bolt in PET, and it shows as N.010.233.6, which has superseded to 900.075.136.03. It is an M8x28mm bolt, and Sunset has it for $3.06.

Quick Reply: Warning, do not buy parts from this company!