Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for an LS Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 01:55 AM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by porschekid7
It was my first car, an 87' 924s built into a carrera gt replica. I bought the car from John Paterek who's big in the 356 and aircooled 911 restoration world. The car was a track day car when he bought it, and he did the gt conversion and painted it satin black for his son. The car was relatively stock mechanically when I bought it. I proceeded to buy full 951 suspension (upgraded a bit), brakes, etc. for the car. Then I stripped out the interior and did more of a clubsport look. GTS style console, carpeted center tunnel, 968 cabriolet rear seat delete, rsa style door cards, flocked dash, and more. Eventually I planned on swapping in a 951 or LS engine. When the accident happened, I was 5 minutes from the bodyshop where I was having a full respray done in Audi Nardo Grey. I had a protected left turn, Mazda suv went down the shoulder and around the cars turning left opposite me and well... the picture speaks for itself I think. After the initial collision, the car spun out and went tail first into the traffic light.
John and his brother did top-notch work on my 356, and were always working on really interesting Porsches of all models; the photos of it pre-accident look like they were taken at John's shop. I'm glad you're ok and didn't have a passenger - did the impact knock the hood scoop off? Amazing. /threadjack.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:56 AM
porschekid7
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AkechiMotors
John and his brother did top-notch work on my 356, and were always working on really interesting Porsches of all models; the photos of it pre-accident look like they were taken at John's shop. I'm glad you're ok and didn't have a passenger - did the impact knock the hood scoop off? Amazing. /threadjack.
Yeah, John and Ray are great guys and good friends. They've worked on a couple of our 911's. You are correct, the photos were taken in front of their shop. I used to hang around there quite a bit in the summer and have seen everything from a ruf yellowbird to Lake Underwood Sr.'s factory 356 race car. The accident did not knock the hood scoop off, but it might've if it was attached... I planned on buying a 931 hood with the naca duct to put on it.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:05 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Did you find a car yet? I saw one at a local dealer
87 turbo. It's Sunday and nobody's around, but there's a V8 under there. $10,800 is the price on the website.
https://www.autosportwi.com/details/...e-944/54011116

Edit: Nevermind. I found the rest of the pictures from the link I posted above. Small block Chevy, not a LS.

Last edited by Kurt R; 08-04-2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Found engine pic.

Quick Reply: Looking for an LS Swap