Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strut brace + hood = vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Dan, i hate to be a pain, but can you provide a picture to the moleskin you put under the hood? Just curious to see how you did it. I assume it holds up to the heat?

As i remember, i dont think i had any issues with the brace touching anything. I think the closest thing it comes too is the top portion of the airbox, and that was because i put the brace on the wrong side the first time i installed it. I will double check everything later today (hood alightment/height, clearance issues with fuel rail, dings on the underside of the hood...etc)...my car is in the far overflow parking lot, which is close to a half mile walk from my dorm. That and it being 9 degrees outside, i think it can wait a little while =P. Thanks guys.

Oh yea, and for the record i do believe my motor mounts are shot. Its just they were deceased long before i put the brace on the car and i never noticed the vibration sound before that. Maybe im going nuts, or i just have a bad memory. Its no big deal though, hardly noticeable with the radio on. Its just the fact its there...and small things like that get to me. Yea my g/f says i have OCD sometimes, what does she know!

Quick Reply: Strut brace + hood = vibration