Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got hit in rear quarter, options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:16 PM
weizen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got hit in rear quarter, options?

Hey all! Got off work this evening and came out to a note on my window, turns out someone hit me in the parking lot! We finally got a dusting of snow, maybe 1/2 an inch, and people tend to drive funny when that happens here

The person who hit me left a note asking me to call them, very impressed! Just when you're about to lose faith in humanity someone suprises you! Well, I tried calling the # and it is disconnected, losing faith again... Anyhow, I should be able to track them down at work tomorrow (I hope).
I would just like them to cover the expense of having it professionally pulled\repaired, I planned on getting a new paint job soon regardless, so I'm not overly concerned there.

The left rear corner is a bit tweaked, hopefully something a decent shop could pull for a reasonable price. It's dark and snowing out so it's difficult to see well. I don't think it damaged the crease on her beatiful hips, so that should help.

Should I need to actually replace that quarter panel, what are my options, where should I start looking

Before I get flamed for driving it in the snow. It is currently my only car and rough weather here is not a common occurence
Old 01-26-2004, 09:54 PM
MY83944
Racer

$4000.00 is my estimate from here.
($2000.00 for the quarter panel repair, and another $2000.00 to fix/paint the rest of the car.

Take the cash from the insurance company, add your $2000.00 and start the partial body restoration. Add another $3500.00 for misc trim and stuff like that, and your done.

With the exterior, that is . . .

Old 01-26-2004, 10:33 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Wheat;

Post pics. Cut up a few things over the years. Put them back together sweat too! I'll let you know what the scoop is!

Old 01-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Roger Collins
Advanced

My 85.5 NA got hit in what seems like a similar spot last week. Wife backed our Expedition out of the garage, right into the left rear quarter (ouch). She hit my car with the left corner of her bumper, (she thought she had hit one of the kids bycycles), at just the rear edge of the left door (still closes) and got part of the quarter from just behind the door, just above the stone guard. Of course it was MY FAULT for parking it there. To insist otherwise might result in me getting fixed along with the car. Oh well.

The four estimates I got ranged from $800 - $2400. The $800 was to pull the dent and repair and paint. The $2400 was to replace the rear quarter ($720 for the part, 18 hours labor to repair and paint). The other 2 fell in between, one was to pull and repair, the other to replace quarter and so on.

This is in Florida, can't account for regional differences, but I hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:53 PM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a quarter, but I'm in California. If you were nearby, it would cost you $150. I suspect there are others in my situation that will part with a quarter for a quarter of the $720.
DanD

Quick Reply: Got hit in rear quarter, options?