Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beautiful saturday gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 06:10 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

As to the type of driver, first that's not going to change with the type of vehicle they have, and regardless the same could be said of Porsche drivers. Let's face it, other than a nice 944 NA or a 924, none of them are really economy cars.

As to views, and collisions, the same can be said of Minivans, why is there no anti-minvan lobby? And in fact all of the same views can be held of some of the newer "performance" type mini-vans with powerful motors. In fact most of your modern SUV's are nothing but minivans with clearly defined hoods.

Why does anyone need a car capable of 150mph+ speeds when they never drive that fast, on-road or track. Are not people that drive 100+ on public roads putting more people in danger.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SidViscous
Congrats Roco.

Peck, not sure why that came out of the blue, but it was in reference to blaming SUV's for what happened to Roco'c car, which is totally misplaced.

Out of the blue? Hardly, I quoted your comment as follows.

"If anything it shows why SUV's are preferable over regular type cars for everyday driving. "

Why do you think SUVs are better than cars for everyday driving? Do people drive over curbs regularly? Would a regular car have hit that filler. Don't think so.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:30 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Out of the blue meaning it's something I posted over a month a ago.

Once again, that wasn't my point in the least. My point was that Louis De Prat blamed the SUV's for Roco's incident. And quite frankly I don't see the connection there.

But as far as why aere SUV's good. If I had a family I'd want my wife and kids driving around in the biggest baddest vehicle I could find, I'd get them to drive a tank if it was allowed.

"Would a regular car have hit that filler. Don't think so." Probably not, that was my point, there is no way to blame SUV's for this incident. You might as well balme regular cars.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Flight_951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Besides, why the heck does anyone need a vehicle capable of crossing the Mississippi River or the Himalayas when they NEVER TAKE IT OFF-ROAD?!?!?! The stupidity amazes even me! Sheesh!
Umm, snow much in Long Beach?

Quick Reply: Beautiful saturday gone bad