Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaving "Watercooled" ; entering "Air Cooled"

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 07:59 AM
944ZEN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

swander:

Yes wee need to meet up, and maybe with graham too.
I like to wait to like March though for the sake of the weather.

944 prices are dropping here, the porsche dealer i copenhagen would not even trade it in if i bought a 911 SC from him, and the same 5 car's for sale the whole time on the net.

In DK a untaxed 944 are selling for 15-20K DKK that's like 18-25 K Svenska.

Remember the byer has to pay like 60.000,- DKK in tax if he bye's your 944.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Zen,
Im looking into an SC too. Could you give me details of your car, and details of what was done in the restoration. I know about the chain tensioner, and the air boxes as well as the infamous rubber clutch (must be a porsche thing). what else was done?
Thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally posted by Tom R.
Zen,
Im looking into an SC too. Could you give me details of your car, and details of what was done in the restoration. I know about the chain tensioner, and the air boxes as well as the infamous rubber clutch (must be a porsche thing). what else was done?
Thanks
Whats this!!! Mullet boy looking to an SC!!
There is hope!!!

Zen: Congrats on the SC, they are a blast!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Don't stain yourself yet gelefsky. looking for a 15+ yr old toy that i can put classic insurance on and use for DE's and autocross. So far turbotax says i have a chance.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:39 AM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 944ZEN
I know, those 951's are faster than a 911 SC. The SC goes like 7 sec. 0-60 and that's like a sec. slower than a 951.
Zen, it's not just about speed/handling. I place a lot of emphasis on room and comfort. At times I have to tuck in wife, kid and bagages. With all this I need plenty of room left to stretch. No way the SC can compete here with the 944

Simply put the 951 is the best all around sports car ever made in history.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:40 AM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Don't stain yourself yet gelefsky. looking for a 15+ yr old toy that i can put classic insurance on and use for DE's and autocross. So far turbotax says i have a chance.
Umm Tom, I believe you will have better luck if you posted your 911sc concerns in the 911 forum yes?
Old 01-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

haha!! good luck!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks EZ. How stupid of me. Please don't report me. I will try not to do it again. Where is the 911 board anyway? I thought this was the only board to go to for questions Porsche.

Marc,
I will send you a PM with the details so as not to upset EZ

Zen.
If you would be kind enough to tell me the work that was done to restore to the SC you just bought I would appreciate it.

Old 01-26-2004, 11:51 AM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Thanks EZ. How stupid of me. Please don't report me. I will try not to do it again. Where is the 911 board anyway? I thought this was the only board to go to for questions Porsche.

Marc,
I will send you a PM with the details so as not to upset EZ

Zen.
If you would be kind enough to tell me the work that was done to restore to the SC you just bought I would appreciate it.
Tom, you have no idea, really Now if you would be kind enough to take that example with Marc and make it "PM" with Zen?

Thanks for being so considerate
Old 01-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

EZ,
The only problem with your logic (if that can be called logic) is other board members may be interested in the details of Zens car even though it isnt a 944.

Since you got all the information you want from this post i graciously suggest you stop checking it.

They are burying someone I grew up with as I type so I am refraining from posting my opinoin of your posts so as not to let what is happening around me from biasing my post.

Enjoy your day.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:13 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

EZ,
The only problem with your logic (if that can be called logic) is other board members may be interested in the details of Zens car even though it isnt a 944. Since you got all the information you want from this post i graciously suggest you stop checking it. They are burying someone I grew up with as I type so I am refraining from posting my opinoin of your posts so as not to let what is happening around me from biasing my post.
Tom,

You must be aware to some extent that for the past several weeks you've been doing nothing short of bashing the 944 automobile. To add insult you've been comparing you Chevrolet Camaro as some sort of superior replacement. Need I remind you that many users here are NOT interested in your point of views? Unlike you I own and cherish the 944 so I belong here. You love the Camaro? Stay in their forum. Fell in love with the 911SC? No problem they have a huge forum dedicated for this - stay there. I will do one better than to ignore your post. Congratulations, you are the first candidate to earn a spot on my ignore list
Old 01-26-2004, 12:15 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

incase you forget he owned and poured a lot into his 944. now he has a question for someone who has BOTH. he's made his share of comments about the negatives of owning a 944, mostly because he's experienced them... some of us haven't. meanwhile the mullet IS a superior replacement to his 944 for what HE is using it for.

as i always like to say
'to each his own'

this isn't even your thread, so take a pill buddy.

-Michael-
Old 01-26-2004, 12:25 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ERAU-944
incase you forget he owned and poured a lot into his 944. now he has a question for someone who has BOTH. he's made his share of comments about the negatives of owning a 944, mostly because he's experienced them... some of us haven't.this isn't even your thread, so take a pill buddy.
Excuse me Mike, but one does NOT experience any car until you get underneath and do your own work! Paying a mechanic to fix your car will teach you very little. Owning a car does not mean you know it much less understand. I suggest the same prescription for you. Number two on my ignore list
Old 01-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Mike.
I'm not going to get into a pissin contest with EZ. That would be to easy. If laying out facts is bashing, then I am guilty. Too bad EZ doesnt have his facts straight.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Zen,
Thanks
the idea of an *** heavy air cooler insted of my 951 runs through my mind daily.... sometimes many times daily.

you should buy an EARLY 911 stick a duck tail and color matched fuchs on there then let me drive it around for you.... or even trade me my 44 turbo for it

Quick Reply: Leaving "Watercooled" ; entering "Air Cooled"