Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interested in a SLICK Roll Bar for your 924-968? Here's your answer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 10:44 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interested in a SLICK Roll Bar for your 924-968? Here's your answer!!!

Hello Gents;

I know this is a bold and blatant plug, but it is also a great way to reach those who have been searching for such a product but somehow haven't heard of these yet!

The next batch of the Famous REDLINE Rennsport Bolt in Roll Bars will be going into production soon for Spring delivery. These are a 100% bolt in solution requiring NO mods to the car whatsoever, and are the absolute best solution available for the multi-purpose car owner. These batches are limited in size, and now is the time to secure one!

Please follow this link for more information;

http://redlinerennsport.homestead.co...guardPage.html

Throw me an e-mail if you'd like to chat!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

I think many of us here would like to be able to order it and not wait a few months before receiving it. If you build it I will buy it. Just let me know when they'll be ready. Recently many guys on this list have paid for products and had to wait months and fight to get their products or the shops closed up and left them holding the credit card statement.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:22 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Hey Jeremy - I bought one of these bars from John back about 7 years ago. What he did back then was take a deposit(similar to IceShark w/headlights) and then build them for people. That deposit i think just covers him for the parts if someone bails out on him. John Hajny is very well known on the email lists and there are a lot of guys besides myself who have dealt with him over the years. He is a great rennlisters and has a nice shop outside of bighampton that i've visited.

I was very pleased with the Rollbar quality and my dealings with him. You have to understand the guys that build this kind of stuff aren't making hundreds of them, they are making them only for the demand thats exists. If you're interested give him an email or call, he's a great guy to deal with!

Also- Nice Avatar My dad has a ZR1 Vette....

Goodluck!
-Erich
Old 01-24-2004, 02:23 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Its a very nice piece, I got lucky and called when he had two left. I cant wait to order some Ledas John...sometime this year!

Old 01-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Well since this thread itself is a plug... I've got one ("used" but never tested), e-mail me if interested.
Ahmet
Old 01-24-2004, 10:47 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeremy;

Erich said it very well, except it was 3 years ago and I'm in the Binghamton area!

I don't have the time to devote to building these things 24-7 to build up a big inventory. I couldn't tie up the cash anyway, and besides I'd go insane doing nothing but roll bars. I also simply DO NOT have the space to store unsold bars. They are very gangly and take up a lot of room that I just don't have.

I am just one guy working by myself - bending, cutting, grinding, welding - not some dude sitting at a computer taking orders and getting the stuff from somewhere else. To those who may be apprehensive, there are nearly 100 guys like Erich, Sam, and Ahmet who have gone through this with me over the last three years. It does indeed take some time to build and ship them, but if you ask all the guys that have one, they'll tell you the bar is worth the wait!

Old 01-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

I just bought a used one today....I can attest, very sweet product, can't wait to install it.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:52 PM
ninefiveone
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm one of those guys. My wait was like everyone else's and it was well worth the wait. I drove up and John even installed it for me (which, as he says, is truly a simple bolt-in affair).

I wouldn't hesitate to put my money down.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:52 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Sorry John i just call it "Big-Hamp-ton," i drive thru it whenever i head home to PA from Rochester. It must have been longer than 3 years ago right? Maybe im getting old and losing my memory...
-Erich
Old 01-24-2004, 11:02 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Fellas;

I'm proud to have ya's as members of the REDLINE Safeguard Family.

JUST DON'T TEST 'EM!!!!

Old 01-24-2004, 11:46 PM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

I'm not trying to spread mis-information, rather trying to clarify if what I had heard is true. Do bolt in roll bars comply with most racing organisation rules and guidlines? NASA, PCA, SCCA? I had heard that weld in cages were the only accepted. Please feel free to correct me, as I really like the look of these, and the concept of a bolt on/off saftey modification for my car is also extremely apealing.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got anything for a cabriolet?
Old 01-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by trebor_quitman
I'm not trying to spread mis-information, rather trying to clarify if what I had heard is true. Do bolt in roll bars comply with most racing organisation rules and guidlines? NASA, PCA, SCCA? I had heard that weld in cages were the only accepted. Please feel free to correct me, as I really like the look of these, and the concept of a bolt on/off saftey modification for my car is also extremely apealing.
The SCCA and NASA allow bolt-in cages. NASA probably allows bolt-in rollbars for DE, but I cannot imagine them being OK for racing.

These bars could not be turned into a legal bolt-in cage for SCCA. The attachments are not legal and there is no diagonal for the rear hoop and no rear downtube braces. I'm pretty sure these could not be used as the basis for a legal NASA cage either for the same reason, but I'm not familiar with NASA racing rules.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:52 AM
novata2ist
3rd Gear

What are they going for?
Old 01-25-2004, 02:19 AM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

I have had one for a couple of years now and am very happy with it. While the lead time was a bit tough, the craftmanship was outstanding and it truly is a straight bolt-in - installed it by myself in about 1/2 hour. Also John was a pleasure to deal with, which is always a pleasant suprise these days. I would say that winter is the prime time to order one since the wait won't hurt as much - at least for us northerners.

John - Hope your not going to abandon us hardcore email listers now that you made the jump to the forums.

Quick Reply: Interested in a SLICK Roll Bar for your 924-968? Here's your answer!!!