Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old Gemballa look

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 05:23 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

J'aime bien ta bagnole!! C'est une des 944 les plus chouettes que j'ai jamais vu! Pas comme une autre que j'ai rencontre sur Paris, sur le site web Jacky Touch... franchement c'est degelasse...
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2004, 07:00 AM
kraft
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Je te remercie pour ton appréciation

La pauvre turbo ou s2 du jacky's touch est internationalement connue à ce que je vois
Le malheur est qu'il y en à encore quelques autres qui ont été massacrées dont une 911 et une 928. Je ne comprends même pas comment ils peuvent rouler la dedans ni même avoir eu l'idée de littéralement tuer ces autos.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:14 AM
kraft
Instructor

Originally posted by Olli Snellman
There were also some other than Gemballa spoilers available for 944. One of the best looking one was a Zender spoiler. German tuning company D&W had also their own. Unfortunately none of these are no longer available. I contacted Zender about six years ago and they told me all 944 spoiler molds were destroyd.
Do you have pics of those spoilers and parts ?
saw too a 968 rear to upgrade 944 made by Albert looks nice on a cab.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:54 AM
Jober
Instructor

This is a picture of the rear end of my previous 944....It had the Gemballa rear end on it.
Mine too...

More Pic on mine...

Last edited by Jober; 01-19-2004 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:25 AM
kraft
Instructor

Lucky and happy man...i hope that one day i will get a 993 just as you after the actual 944
Those are interesting pictures as they best show how it looks, black is not so convenient to see the design. Thank you very much for your contribution
Old 01-19-2004, 01:11 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! I really like that bumper, wish we could get ahold of a few of those.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:33 PM
TurboMan
Intermediate

Just for kicks, here's a pic of my dad's gemballa-kitted 944, this one also has gemballa sideskirts, something the black car seemed to lack.

It's just too bad the car's currently got really ****ty paint on it and the fiberglass parts have lots of stone chips. I guess he's gonna have it painted next summer or so.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2004, 01:35 PM
TurboMan
Intermediate

...and a shot of the acclaimed gemballa 944 rear
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2004, 01:39 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Love the wheels
Old 01-19-2004, 01:49 PM
kraft
Instructor

Originally posted by TurboMan
Just for kicks, here's a pic of my dad's gemballa-kitted 944, this one also has gemballa sideskirts, something the black car seemed to lack.

It's just too bad the car's currently got really ****ty paint on it and the fiberglass parts have lots of stone chips. I guess he's gonna have it painted next summer or so.
you are absolutely right, used to have them on my first real Gemballa but no way to find them on the earth...maybe someone's got them in a junkyard or garage but i forgot this idea as i had a lot of difficulties to find at least front and rear. In Germany you can find complete car but no parts
Maybe one day will i get them

Here's a pic of my first, the magic one, except wheels which are from a turbo i think

Last edited by kraft; 01-19-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Sami951
Drifting

Van Zweeden (http://www.v-zweeden) has these... close, but not 100% the same

Old 01-19-2004, 02:01 PM
kraft
Instructor

Yes i saw them but i don't know how they could fit the original ones are larger and the "arrow" is a bit shorter

It's strange how they all destroyed the molds i mean as i read posts Zender too destroyed his work
Old 01-19-2004, 02:15 PM
kraft
Instructor

Here's the state of the kit when i received it.

Believe it or not, scratched, broken, i was so happy to get it.

too large pics that hurts
http://www.9xx-cars.com/Bild_1001.jpg
http://www.9xx-cars.com/Bild_0995.jpg

After that a professionnal repair, painting as original color and it's done

Last edited by kraft; 01-19-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:30 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by kraft
Ok now let's see what i put inside. Ok i know they are screens everywhere in every car but i'm expanding features more than the standard which can be found in nowdays market, beating even a huge Japanese make. Maybe it's a false hope from me but anyway i keep on dreaming. After all even if no one is interested with this i will have one exceptionnal system in a unique car

So let's go.
No keyboard, no mouse, no stupid dashboard lighter plugs, no buttons, no wires everywhere running on the dash or the floor.
This one is something pure that is thought and really fits in a Porsche.

Dvd, Divx skinnable player, synthesized voice repeating main commands entered
[IMG]http://starsglider.free.fr/dsc01825.jpg[/MG]

Ogg, xm, it etc skinnable player with a lot of effects, synthesized voice repeating main commands entered
[IMG]http://starsglider.free.fr/dsc01830.jpg[/IG]

Gps, synthesized voice for directions, speed, heading etc.
[IMG]http://starsglider.free.fr/dsc01821.jpg[/IG]

Real time monitoring with virtual gauges taking informations from the e.c.u. not yet finished and many more things that i prefer not comment at the moment.

Please notice that all this is done with poor's man solutions i know too how to buy beautiful huge screens etc. I used only refurbished materials for a test as i don't done this for a corporate or whatever.
Do you go to www.mp3car.com ??
What kinda computer do you have running it?

Pretty nice install, horribly small screen tho

Theres 2 good screens, the Xenarc and the Lilliput, both are 7" widescreen VGAs. Im planning on using one of those along with the small P266 system I have kicking around, or a new MiniITX board.

I wont be replacing the whole area in there tho, im going to fab a mounting arm so it sits off to the side.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:48 PM
kraft
Instructor

I never go to mp3car.com as the projet is not yet finished.

The screen as i said is a screen that i got for very very low money as i have no job since last year, so no money, no screen no nothing...this annoys me too but i have no choice.

I started with the idea that i don't want a jack in the box keyboard, nor mouse (is this expression correct in english ? you know a kind of devil that jumps out of a box)

Why all this ? Just because my car could be a second office but as it's not a limousine and i don't have chauffeur i don't think this would be in harmony with the Porsche cars spirit so no way to hide those kind of parts on board i simply erased them.
A touch screen ? eek with fingerprints everywhere nah.
Infra red remote with synthesized voice confirming entered commands yes.
You can drive and play with your toy and be less in danger than looking your screen. In that case, who is driving then ?

If you want to make an arm why don't you make it like a famous German make used to do. I mean Blaupunkt was making in the 80's one radio mounted on flexible iron tube (sorry don't know to translate correctly my thought). This radio was looking great, today this kind of material can be found in the Berlin museum of multimedia and maybe in some forgotten little shops which solds antiques but it looks so great.

The computer used is an ordinary AMD 350 K6 II with only 64 Mb.
All this runs with linux.

Oh yes the mount i made didn't affected the original console under as the screen is slim i just took off the part which stays under the radio in ususal time but no cuts no destroying the original parts of the car.

Quick Reply: Old Gemballa look